Surprising Multi EQ app results with simple subwoofer plwfkejt

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So for a while I’ve been trying to get my mix matched subwoofers running the best that they can in an L shaped room where my TV and LCR are on the shortest wall. I’ve experimented with tons of different sub locations and have recently ordered a MiniDSP for the pair of SVS subs I’ve been saving up for forever! Anyway I figured I would try my hardest to see if I could get decent output in the 20hz region as before everything always rolled off at 35 hz. So I ended up with my sealed CSW 12” and Def Tech Prosub 800 mid wall on my right and in the left corner a Wharfedale SW250 with the worthless Mirage MM6. I also noticed for some reason changing the phase on the Wharfedale and MM6 not only produced deeper bass but it also took away this massive dip I would get in my mains from about 60-100hz. I don’t know what all this means technically and am currently trying to read up on phase and more sub placement guides. I wanted to really get a good grasp on it before my first REAL subwoofers get here next week!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That isn't the actual response. That looks like some kind of projected response. You will need to measure the response with a real measurement system like REW.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was just wondering what's so simple about subwoofer plwfkejt? ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As shady mentioned, that’s not an actual result. It’s only the predicted response that audyssey will try to achieve. Whether or not it can is another thing. Judging by the before, which is actually what audyssey sees I’d be amazed if there was much below 30hz, as it looks like a cliff starting at about 35. Sorry pandaman, just gonna have to get them SVS’s!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis