Superman Returns 2006

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Anyone has any info on this movie? Spoilers?

I have been a long time superman fan, have always wanted to see more superman movies.

But this one, I'm not so sure about. I'm sure the special effects will be updated. But that costume, it's a bit too dark than what I'm used to seeing superman in. And also that actor that plays superman, his face looks a bit too clean cut, too prep schoo like (looks almost gay to me), doesn't have the bone structure of Reeves. I'm disappointed in the director's choice.

And also Kate Bosworth (whatever her last name is), I just don't see her as Lois Lane. And she doesn't look right with her hair dyed black.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
furrycute said:
Anyone has any info on this movie? Spoilers?

I have been a long time superman fan, have always wanted to see more superman movies.

But this one, I'm not so sure about. I'm sure the special effects will be updated. But that costume, it's a bit too dark than what I'm used to seeing superman in. And also that actor that plays superman, his face looks a bit too clean cut, too prep schoo like (looks almost gay to me), doesn't have the bone structure of Reeves. I'm disappointed in the director's choice.

And also Kate Bosworth (whatever her last name is), I just don't see her as Lois Lane. And she doesn't look right with her hair dyed black.
Here is a possible movie spoiler. I don't know if this is accurate, but it does explain the suit thing:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/1775.asp

I don't think the mission of the director was to get characters that looked like Christopher Reeves or Margot Kidder. Changing actors in a franchise is always an iffy proposition, though. Plus I'm sure the director is trying to make this movie his own - not try and copy the old movies, but start fresh.

I'm all for a new Lois Lane. There is no way Superman falls for Margot Kidder!!! But Kate Bosworth or Teri Hatcher (tv series) - ya, I can see that ;) .

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Thanks for that link. Much appreciated!

I can't wait for that Superman movie to come to the big screen. Looks like we have to wait till the summer of 2006.

Terri Hatcher was a knock out Lois Lane. Too bad she is getting too old for that role.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
They've only been "making" this remake since 1997. I won't hold my breath for an actual release date.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis