Sunfire Announces Dynamic Series Budget Subwoofers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sunfire today announced the worldwide introduction of its powerful, yet budget-friendly Dynamic Series of subwoofers. Tuned for both low frequency Home Theater Effects and powerhouse musical bass lines, these new subwoofers boast up to 600 Watts Peak Power. The Sunfire Dynamic Series' 8", 10" and 12" Subwoofers are the perfect blend of form and function and the ideal choice for systems where small size and high output are required. Sunfire's new digital amplifier delivers from 400 to 600 Watts of cool running peak output in the three models, with unprecedented performance at this price point. Each subwoofer features a Sunfire-designed woofer and acrostically matched passive radiator – twice the speakers for twice the bass.

Discuss "Sunfire Announces Dynamic Series Budget Subwoofers" here. Read the article.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The 2.4G wireless capability sounds interesting. I wonder if that will be offered as a stand alone product?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
The 2.4G wireless capability sounds interesting. I wonder if that will be offered as a stand alone product?
I never could get the Audioengine wireless device to work but I'm going to give the Outlaw wireless product a try. I need another SMS-1 and for Black Friday they had them bundled with the wireless gizmo for less than the normal price of just the SMS-1. Hopefully they'll ship this week. I'll let you know how well it works.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That was my concern with the Audioengine ones - they say line of sight and there are distance limitations.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
That was my concern with the Audioengine ones - they say line of sight and there are distance limitations.
The AE appears to be bluetooth with all of those limitations but I can't say for sure. I could get the receiver and transmitter paired but I couldn't get a signal to my sub. The 20 foot distance was well within BT's 33 foot rating but it was a lost cause. Anyway I only paid $450 for the bundle and figure I have nothing to lose since I need an SMS-1 for the ULS-15 in my bedroom.

T

Trezl

Junior Audioholic
I picked up an SDS12 a couple weeks ago (I guess they were released before this press release).

It is extremely compact considering the 12" woofer (the box is similar in size to some 10" subs I was looking at). I have a small room, so I needed something compact for the WAF. Plus, I was able to get it for under $500 and stay within my budget.

At this point, I'm very happy with my purchase.

I have not checked out the wireless adapter, but it sounds very interesting. I'd actually like to move it from the front of the room to the back eventually.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
The SDS-12 is the same price as the SB12-NSD (at least for now, it's supposed to go up $100 after the sales end) that I'm enjoying. Wonder how they compare, I see the Sunfire is a bit larger overall than the SVS.

D

dcl

Audiophyte
Sunfire Wireless

Following the instructions the transmitter & receiver units (about cigarette pack size) were in place in five minutes. The signal synched without problem. I often find the receiver unit no longer atop the subwoofer (Sunfire True Jr.) having been vibrated off & laying helter skelter on the floor facing away from & blocked from "view" of the transmitter unit. The sub is in a corner 15 feet away. The signal has yet to be lost so I do not bother to right the receiver unit anymore. I am not affiliated with Sunfire, just pleased with a product that works & frees up the sub from wires & the limitation that come with wires.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis