Suggestions on new gear for surround speakers

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I bought 3 Klipsch RP 8000f's for my front 3.

Love em.

Love em so much that I put the SVS prime towers as my surrounds.

It sounds great really does.

But man those Klipsch have a sound to them that I would love to timbre match across the whole 7 speakers that whole bed layer sound stage

When thr SVS pinnacles came out I wasn't thinking pinnacles after I thought and listened to my Klipsch I was like f...it I want to get more klipsch not more prime

I could easily flip the Primes and get 4 RP 6000f's as my surrounds.

There better efficiency over the Primes as surrounds would be welcome as well

I wonder if there more controlled dispersion would be good with the surround formats being more object based and also with my open room layout

Plus I'd like the looks 7 klipsch with nude copper would just look seeeeexxxxyyyy.

I know Id love the sound

But I could use pro's and con's from you guys.

Any feedback advice much appreciated

Here's some room pics a lot of you guys from helping in the past know my room and it's layout if anyone needs more info though just let me know.

20190325_173156.jpg
20190320_173505.jpg

Thanks fellas

Always yours lol Danzilla :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

Love em.

But man those Klipsch have a sound to them that I would love to timbre match across the whole 7 speakers that whole bed layer sound stage

When thr SVS pinnacles came out I wasn't thinking pinnacles after I thought and listened to my Klipsch I was like f...it I want to get more klipsch not more prime

I wonder if there more controlled dispersion would be good with the surround formats being more object based and also with my open room layout

Plus I'd like the looks 7 klipsch with nude copper would just look seeeeexxxxyyyy.

I know Id love the sound

Here's some room pics a lot of you guys from helping in the past know my room and it's layout if anyone needs more info though just let me know.

View attachment 28885
View attachment 28886

Thanks fellas

Maybe also consider the RP5000F. The subs are going to pickup any slack anyhow. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe also consider the RP5000F. The subs are going to pickup any slack anyhow. :)
Yessir I'll have to keep that in mind! Thanks!!!
Although I like setting my crossovers at 60 sounds awesome in that room figure the RP 6000 can really give me some good slam in that range with the 8000's up front.

But if that looks like a better option then I'll do that

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well just see what some of the other fellas hafta say

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Love em.

I know Id love the sound

View attachment 28885
View attachment 28886

Thanks fellas

While you can replace the Primes with Klipsch speakers, I don't think the audible difference would be that significant. There are a couple things to consider, and one is that your listening position doesn't appear to be very far from the surrounds. Klipsch speakers have a narrower directivity control, so they might not have coverage of all your seating area at that proximity. Klipsch speakers might be more sensitive, but not by a whole lot. I would predict those Klipsch are probably in the neighborhood of 91 dB sensitive. That's better than the Prime's 87 dB spec, but you would never drive either one so hard that they would hit dynamic range limitations, so sensitivity doesn't really matter here. They will both get louder than your ears would tolerate at 30 watts or so. As for differences in timbre, I don't think that would be all that audible considering the kind of duty that surround speakers have. All in all, I would consider the move of Primes to RP-6000Fs to be a lateral move. I can understand the desire for a matching speaker set though.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
o_O
While you can replace the Primes with Klipsch speakers, I don't think the audible difference would be that significant. There are a couple things to consider, and one is that your listening position doesn't appear to be very far from the surrounds. Klipsch speakers have a narrower directivity control, so they might not have coverage of all your seating area at that proximity. Klipsch speakers might be more sensitive, but not by a whole lot. I would predict those Klipsch are probably in the neighborhood of 91 dB sensitive. That's better than the Prime's 87 dB spec, but you would never drive either one so hard that they would hit dynamic range limitations, so sensitivity doesn't really matter here. They will both get louder than your ears would tolerate at 30 watts or so. As for differences in timbre, I don't think that would be all that audible considering the kind of duty that surround speakers have. All in all, I would consider the move of Primes to RP-6000Fs to be a lateral move. I can understand the desire for a matching speaker set though.
The picture is deceiving its 7 ft on the right surrounds and 8 and 9 ft respectively on the left surrounds to my sweet spot. Lol the only spot that matters. :D
Siiiiiggghhhhh
I know your right Shady but can't we defy the laws of physics just this once?
Just think of all that beautiful copper cones all aroundo_O
I am toying with the idea of going one route or the other either all klipsch or all SVS
Only due to the fact that this house will be sold in 2 years and the new place will have a dedicated theater room
I plan to flip what I have here and build my dream system for theater in that room
But to get the best money out of this it would work better if it's a matching system.
I've flipped a lottoff stuff and it works best that way.
So for me on flipping I'm either going all klipsch or all SVS.
If I have to pay that price point I'll either have to go all Ultra Towers in the front or all Klipsch all around but the Klipsch needs to work right or A I won't enjoy it for 2 years and B it won't sound right when I demo it when it's time to flip
Hmmmmm decisions decisions thanks for the input fellas keep the thoughts coming I appreciate ya!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
When I mean that price point I mean since the Pinnacles are so friggin expensive literally almost the ultra's I might as well pay for the Damn ultra's if I go that route!

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
When I mean that price point I mean since the Pinnacles are so friggin expensive literally almost the ultra's I might as well pay for the Damn ultra's if I go that route!
Just get more 8000F’s. It’s simple. They can definitely be done within your budget, and they would look beautiful. Imagine, perfect timber match, copper everywhere, the sound of the 5 horns and 10 8” woofers.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just get more 8000F’s. It’s simple. They can definitely be done within your budget, and they would look beautiful. Imagine, perfect timber match, copper everywhere, the sound of the 5 horns and 10 8” woofers.
Now your talking!!!!! :D I like it I like it!!!!!! o_O

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man I just stayed up watching movies way too late because these sound so damn good.

F@$! it I'm not changing anything it sounds too good as is.

Why screw up audio nirvana? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think if you like the Klipsch and can sell the SVS, I would sell the SVS and get more Klipsch.

Good off-axis, superb on-axis, good materials (Titanium tweeter, Aluminum-type woofers),good sensitivity, good price.

If you prefer the Klipsch, get all Klipsch. If you prefer the SVS, get all SVS. :D

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Even though it might be more lateral to go with more klipsch, I probably would. I’m a fan of matched speakers and guess what... your AudiOCD wouldn’et you sleep at night. Lol! Shady made a good point about coverage but if you only care about one seat, then slather that baby in some nude copper!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think if you like the Klipsch and can sell the SVS, I would sell the SVS and get more Klipsch.

Probably superficial, but I do love that the Klipsch 8000/6000 series have Titanium Tweeter and Aluminum-material Woofers. They have the nice off-axis, superb on-axis, good materials, good sensitivity.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

Good off-axis, superb on-axis, good materials (Titanium tweeter, Aluminum-type woofers),good sensitivity, good price.

If you prefer the Klipsch, get all Klipsch. If you prefer the SVS, get all SVS. :D
I would try to match the bed channels to at least the same brand. I’m not sure the sides and surround backs need to be the same exact series as the front 3 though. YMMV :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would try to match the bed channels to at least the same brand. I’m not sure the sides and surround backs need to be the same exact series as the front 3 though. YMMV :)
Yeah, it's not about "needs".

It's OCD. :D

Unfortunately, some of us (like me) are a lot more OCD than others. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis