Suggestions on headphones for travel

P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Hello all I bought the audeze sine based on the reviews. I also got them on sale for 299$. They sound good but lack bass IMO. I bought a jds labs c5s amp for them but it just seemed to make the sound quality demish and the bass it added wasn't that good. So I returned that. Any suggestions on alternative headphones that have similar sound quality that don't lack bass. I will be using them strictly for traveling connected to a surface book for movies and music.

J

jmalecki05

Junior Audioholic
For travel, I use the Sennheiser HD598 (for audio quality) and the Bose QC25 (for noise cancelling). If you want extra bass and you cannot get from the surface you are using, I would agree with tyhjaarpa and go with the momentum. Dont know if you use an amp/dac with your surface, but many have a bass boost function; which I enjoy with the 598's

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I use the sennheiser momentum 2.0 for travel and mobility around home with noise cancelling and love them.

F

faktor

Audiophyte
I use the Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 while working and when traveling.

On my last trip to Mexico, I used them for about 10 hours to watch movies and listen to some music; the plane engines simply dissapeared.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am also a Sennheiser momentum 2.0 owner (wireless) with noise canceling. It works great on a plane, and I like that the base is overdone. As a surface pro 4 owner the Bluetooth works great with it.

Anthony Di Iorio

Anthony Di Iorio

Audiophyte
For travel I use Shure SE215. Since they're IEMs, it's super easy to keep in my bag without taking up space.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I use Bose QC20i - it was hard to drop the cash on Bose, but they work.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
For travel I use Shure SE215. Since they're IEMs, it's super easy to keep in my bag without taking up space.
I have a pair of the Shure 425's I think. IEM monitors. I love them for travel. You can block out everything with the seal that an IEM provides and get some great audio as well. I use a portable headphone amp as well when I remember to charge it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I also have a pair of shire se 215's. Love em. They also come with 50 'leven kinds of tips for best fit. I also use them as drum monitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L1C4

L1C4

Enthusiast
Hello all I bought the audeze sine based on the reviews. I also got them on sale for 299$. They sound good but lack bass IMO. I bought a jds labs c5s amp for them but it just seemed to make the sound quality demish and the bass it added wasn't that good. So I returned that. Any suggestions on alternative headphones that have similar sound quality that don't lack bass. I will be using them strictly for traveling connected to a surface book for movies and music.
Audio Technica AD900X

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis