Suggestions for wireless surround speakers

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I want to hookup surround speakers wireless to my AVR, any suggestions? I know about RocketFish like stuff any other suggestions?

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing to add, but there was just a thread in the last few days about a guy using the RF wireless and getting significant clipping.
I don't know anything about the product, but just wanted to forward the caution of making certain that the specs match up for your needs. :)

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Been using a RocketFish for 5+ years on my main system surrounds and never had an issue.

Wanted to see if there was anything else,

E

Ecomatt

Audiophyte
Been using a RocketFish for 5+ years on my main system surrounds and never had an issue.

Wanted to see if there was anything else,
I take the view that if it ain't broke don't fix it. If the speakers you have work and sound good then save your money.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing to add, but there was just a thread in the last few days about a guy using the RF wireless and getting significant clipping.
I don't know anything about the product, but just wanted to forward the caution of making certain that the specs match up for your needs. :)
Wasn't that story involving a rocketfish set, tho?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I take the view that if it ain't broke don't fix it. If the speakers you have work and sound good then save your money.

This is for my bedroom, the other is in my main system.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I want to hookup surround speakers wireless to my AVR, any suggestions? I know about RocketFish like stuff any other suggestions?
What AVR are you using? If it's a recent Denon or Yamaha, you can use their MUsicCast speakers.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Denon tech said no, but tell me how you would do it.
I meant Denon HEOS speakers- you can't cross brands with this kind of thing.

I guess I assumed people would search for this stuff differently.

Barron

Barron

Enthusiast
I'm pretty new to the audiophile science (clipping, conflicting waves causing problems) and cross brand connectivity.
Easy question for you audiophiles. I'm running the Yamaha RX-A1080 and was wondering two things.

1. Will musiccast support Klipsch or any other brands wireless speakers/subwoofers? Or the other way around?
2. Is buying musiccast yamaha branded speakers really worth it from a sound perspective?

I ask the second question because I'm very handy and can fish cables through attics and walls and also cut-in a clean female binding post station in a wall. So if I can do this pretty easily why would I sacrifice sound for wireless? Other than leveraging the wireless technology (which is fun) and moving speakers around effortlessly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis