Suggestions for new Left right and center

N

noclue

Audioholic
Hi,

Definitely look at Power Sound Audio. No amp needed. Not completely fake sensitivity numbers (like Klipsch marketing).
K thanks will have to make sure I shut down the system if my subs crap out I believe that is what happened the time they quit working or see what a new crossover would cost
Very best,

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yes power and sound audio
The PSA will have a precieved loudness over the Ascend at your MLP. The Ascends weren't degisnged as speakers to fill a large room with reference level playback and as you move above the tweeter axis the levels will drop comparatively speaking.

Power isn't that expensive and if you like the Ascends at your MLP, go that route. If you want room filling sound for all over, you're gonna need speakers that handle lots power and have big "dynamics." The two you currently have are apples and oranges in comparison on the design front.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Hi,

Definitely look at Power Sound Audio. No amp needed. Not completely fake sensitivity numbers (like Klipsch marketing).

Very best,
Not in my room. PSA 110s and klispch RF62IIs. In my room the Klipsch were 2db more sensitive (played louder) than the 110s. 110s are rated at 95db, RF62IIs at 97db. So with the Klipsch being around 92 IIRC that makes the PSAs 90.

Tom tried to use some baffle me with BS to "explain" it wasn't a sensitivity issue. Whatever...:rolleyes: It was what it was.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Not in my room. PSA 110s and klispch RF62IIs. In my room the Klipsch were 2db more sensitive (played louder) than the 110s. 110s are rated at 95db, RF62IIs at 97db. So with the Klipsch being around 92 IIRC that makes the PSAs 90.

Tom tried to use some baffle me with BS to "explain" it wasn't a sensitivity issue. Whatever...:rolleyes: It was what it was.
I was at a speaker shoot out where some PSA speakers were pitted against some high-sensitivity speaker and this is what we saw as well. There was a substantial level drop after being hooked up to the amp after some true 95dB sensitive speakers were in use. Erin or ASR ought to get one of them in for a full performance measurement; I bet the results would be enlightening.

N

noclue

Audioholic
I was at a speaker shoot out where some PSA speakers were pitted against some high-sensitivity speaker and this is what we saw as well. There was a substantial level drop after being hooked up to the amp after some true 95dB sensitive speakers were in use. Erin or ASR ought to get one of them in for a full performance measurement; I bet the results would be enlightening.
I can listen to klipsh for about 15 to 20 minutes before my ears start hurting
Klipsh is kinda a love or hate speaker

N

noclue

Audioholic
Also I had PSA speakers before lighting hit and took out my AVR and I believe it damaged the speakers
I went with Ascend Acustics’s Sierra towers and center do to a lot of good recommendations of them and others saying so much positive about them
They are great speakers just take a lot of power to drive them in my room
The PSA speakers I could hear fine just powering threw a AVR
I didn’t have hearing aids then either

Not having to something extra like a amp is a plus in my book
But the Ascend speakers also look nice
I was trying to please the Wife too

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I can listen to klipsh for about 15 to 20 minutes before my ears start hurting
Klipsh is kinda a love or hate speaker
Agreed. The newer Klipsch stuff isn't so terrible, but older stuff and especially anything from the Heritage line is harsh sounding

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis