Suggestions for a DVDA disk

I

Ilovemovies

Audioholic Intern
Hello all, I thought maybe someone could help give me some suggestions as to what might be a good dvda purchase in terms of what I tend to love to listen to...I'm new to this DVDA format and i want to try out a type of music where i could appreciate it

I love folk music style but I was kind of wanting to hear a disk with some horns, a bit jazzy ,

I'm totally green when it comes to Jazz, don't know anything about this type of music

is there anything out there that is a bit jazzy but not to jazzy, where i can still appreciate an excellent voice

Also does anyone know if there is any Billy Holiday dVDA's?

Last edited:
M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
Not Too Jazzy

Ilovemovies said:
Hello all, I thought maybe someone could help give me some suggestions as to what might be a good dvda purchase in terms of what I tend to love to listen to...I'm new to this DVDA format and i want to try out a type of music where i could appreciate it

I love folk music style but I was kind of wanting to hear a disk with some horns, a bit jazzy ,

I'm totally green when it comes to Jazz, don't know anything about this type of music

is there anything out there that is a bit jazzy but not to jazzy, where i can still appreciate an excellent voice

Also does anyone know if there is any Billy Holiday dVDA's?
Not too jazzy but a good voice. Try Diana Krall.

I

Ilovemovies

Audioholic Intern
thx I do like listening to her... especially "Hit that Jive Jack" love that song, I also love the female singer "Sade" , her music is great

Last edited:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I love Sade, but I'm not aware of any of her music being avaibable on DVD-A. As far as jazz stuff, Jane Monheit has some great stuff out on DVD-A, too. I also second the rec for DK.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

For a pretty darned good selection of DVD-A discs, try browing the website of Music Direct. They have one of the best selections of anyplace I know.

I

Ilovemovies

Audioholic Intern
Hmm Jane Monheit? does she sing Jazz, I'm open to trying new music just to hear what it sounds like on the dVDA or SACD.... Ever hear of a guy named Martin Sexton, "Beast in Me" or "Diggen me diggen you"? I'd buy his disk if it came out on DVDA , not sure what music category you would put him in, his style is cool, little rock, little jazz,

also like to listen to Dvaid Gray

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Pieces of a Dream
Chris Bolti
David Sanborn
Spyro Gyra
Medeski Martin & Wood
Pat Metheny

Just to name a few.

newsletter