sucks to require 25 posts to sell/buy something

A

adhesiv

Audiophyte
i don't think it's right to limit those who can sell/buy something by limiting the posters to those who have 25 posts or more...

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
You'll have to take your beef to the admins. The reason for the rule is likely so that people can't just register to post a classified and then never return. If you make 25 or more posts it shows that you might actually be interested in joining the community and contributing to the forums rather than using them as free advertising.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This is more of a residential community than a shopping mall.

This site is firstly a community of like-minded people who share ideas, help sovce each others problems, tell jokes, and various other aspects of a virtual life.

The "for sale" boards exist mainly for members to sell to each other. It's kinda like buying a car from a friendas opposed to buying one from a car lot run by strangers. While you might get a sale, be aware that many people here know who they are buying from by previous interactions here.

IOW, ya gotta date the girl before you can expect to get to second base. If you want cheap, fast action, there's always ebay.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well

adhesiv said:
i don't think it's right to limit those who can sell/buy something by limiting the posters to those who have 25 posts or more...
I'm at 777 and haven't sold anything. I guess that sucks too:).

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Well you could always list your gear over at audiogon for $6 an ad or you could list on ebay & pay ther 3.5% fee's plus another 4% for paypal.

I personally like it like that,it keeps us from being overun by spammers & white van speaker guru's.

BTW,are you trying to sell theater reasearch or digital research or any other brand that has long throw woofers & the MSRP stamped on the box?

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
I think it's a pretty self explainatory rule, and you've proven the reason it exists. Your first post ever on this website was this one about trying to sell your gear. As far as the website goes, if you stick around for long at all, it doesn't take long to get 25 posts, and this is one of the best audio forum/communities. The 25 post rule just looks out for all of us and helps keep the forum clean of spam.

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
adhesiv said:

i know what you mean,i had to waste 10 posts just to list a wanted add.

And if we catch anyone spamming the forums just to get to 25 posts for a sale, they'll get their sale post deleted and likely be banned as well...

The rule is to keep out spammers - plain and simple. It's really not too much to ask.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey I've got some great real estate in the Everglades I want to sell. Anyone? I don't care how many posts you've got.

Those aren't gators, they're just big geckos, harmless really.

And those aren't mosquitos, they're airplanes, adjust your glasses....see? Not bugs, airplanes, in the distance.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I agree totally

adhesiv said:
It should be at least 100, maybe 200 or more.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
adhesiv said:
I don't know what the big deal is. How hard would it be to make 25 decent posts? Surely there are things that you would like to learn or perhaps you could share knowledge from your audio/video experiances. When it comes down to it 25 posts isn't that much, you should be thankful that is all you would have to do. Of course you could have made several posts here already in argument for why it should be changed and you would already be halfway there.:) This is, of course, coming from someone who makes an obscene amount of posts on a daily basis.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
highfihoney said:
Well you could always list your gear over at audiogon for $6 an ad or you could list on ebay & pay ther 3.5% fee's plus another 4% for paypal.

I personally like it like that,it keeps us from being overun by spammers & white van speaker guru's.

BTW,are you trying to sell theater reasearch or digital research or any other brand that has long throw woofers & the MSRP stamped on the box?
Long Throw Woofers? Did you just make that up? I like the sound of that. A friend of mine has a better system than I do but I'm gonna tell him mine is better because of my Long Throws.

I personally am stunned by the information that I've found on this site. It never even occurred to me that somebody would abuse the classifieds. Like, after you get banned, where do you go for info?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
dave1490 said:
i know what you mean,i had to waste 10 posts just to list a wanted add.
I couldn't tell the difference.

SheepStar

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
It should be x number of posts versus y days of membership.

( in other words, make ya actually do something before you can financially benefit.)

But that would require somebody to actually compute the value of you as a member on the site which sounds like a lot of work.

So take the number 25 as a good starting point, and don't cry too much or it will be raised to 250.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis