W

weirdnater

Audiophyte
I am currently moving and would like to know if the subwoofers in my car can be hooked up to work with my home entertainment center. I have the amps for my subs still but would like to know if they have to be used or if the subs just plug into the receiver. If anyone has achieved success with this setup or someone that knows how to make this setup work please let me know. Thanks!

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
you can make it work, but you need a seperate amplifier.

the receiver wont power a sub, its only a preamp so youll need to use an amp.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
weirdnater said:
I am currently moving and would like to know if the subwoofers in my car can be hooked up to work with my home entertainment center. I have the amps for my subs still but would like to know if they have to be used or if the subs just plug into the receiver. If anyone has achieved success with this setup or someone that knows how to make this setup work please let me know. Thanks!

Is that amp you have for the sub a 12V powered car amp?
If you have a 120V to 12V converter with sufficient current rating, that amp may work. Then you run an interconnect to that amp from the HT receiver.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
mtrycrafts said:
Is that amp you have for the sub a 12V powered car amp?
If you have a 120V to 12V converter with sufficient current rating, that amp may work. Then you run an interconnect to that amp from the HT receiver.
.....and, unless the car amp that is now receiving 12 volts DC from the converter, has a cut for the top of the stereo OR mono full-range signals, WeirdNater, you'll need to use the sub-out of the receiver and apply LFE-cut, and you probably don't have a cut on a car amp.....Mtry, you were doing so well, and then just quit....ain't you tryin' for Audioholic Of The Month?.....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
mulester7 said:
.....and, unless the car amp that is now receiving 12 volts DC from the converter, has a cut for the top of the stereo OR mono full-range signals, WeirdNater, you'll need to use the sub-out of the receiver and apply LFE-cut, and you probably don't have a cut on a car amp.....Mtry, you were doing so well, and then just quit....ain't you tryin' for Audioholic Of The Month?.....

Quit? No, I had no more info for him:D I am not into car amps.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis