Subwoofer Y adapter

A

asethi

Enthusiast
i just got an outlaw subwoofer and they also sent me a y adapter. i am guessing that it just takes the output from the reciever and makes into 2? i just didnt understand y i would need it. does anyone know if i need to use it or not. also anyone know if it sells well on ebay if i dont need it. thanks

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
asethi said:
i just got an outlaw subwoofer and they also sent me a y adapter. i am guessing that it just takes the output from the reciever and makes into 2? i just didnt understand y i would need it. does anyone know if i need to use it or not. also anyone know if it sells well on ebay if i dont need it. thanks
Is it a Y adapter for splitting or joining? I use a Ya dapter to split my LFE b/c I use 2 powered Subs. Some subs have 2 inputs that require you to take oneLFE signal and aplit it going into to sub imputs. I'm not sure if that helps. I doubt you cold sell it for much... but if you can. let me know b/c I have a few of them lying around

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
asethi said:
i just didnt understand y i would need it. does anyone know if i need to use it or not. also anyone know if it sells well on ebay if i dont need it. thanks
your sub will probably have a left and right input, and suggests using just one (normally left) for LFE input. There's been a number of posts (and my own personal experience, even though it's with Velodyne subs) that using a Y to run the signal into both channels instead of just one gets you much better response from the sub. Try it for a week and then you can dump it. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis