subwoofer won't go into standby mode?

P

panicphan6

Audioholic Intern
i have the infinity ps12 and the subwoofer light stays green all the time. every last one of my components are turned off but the amp is still getting a signal? i have the speaker wires running from the sub to speaker b on the receiver. could the amp be defective?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Is the subwoofer set to auto on, or always on? Does it even have a switch?

Can you use an RCA input over the Speaker wire input?

SheepStar

S

sivadselim

Audioholic
Leaving a sub "always on" is actually preferred by most people because the more common problem is that the subwoofer won't come out of it's standby mode very well.

Is there a problem with leaving it on all the time?

P

panicphan6

Audioholic Intern
there's no auto on for the subwoofer. i keep it switched to on all the time..once the subwoofer detects a signal, it switches from standy by to on. vice versa.. i dont have a problem with it showing a green light all the time, but the back side of the sub box gets a little warm. i'm wondering if i have a faulty amp?

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
panicphan6 said:
there's no auto on for the subwoofer. i keep it switched to on all the time..once the subwoofer detects a signal, it switches from standy by to on. vice versa. i dont have a problem with it showing a green light all the time, but the back side of the sub box gets a little warm. i'm wondering if i have a faulty amp?
My Rocket UFW-10 stays hot too even when in standby mode. I left a post about it on the av123 forum and was told they all (Rocket subs) do it and it had to do with the kind of amp used. It seems to me that it takes a fair amount of power to keep that thing hot, but I did not pursue it after l determined the sub was not defective. The on/off switch on the sub seemed a bit light duty so I hooked it up to a surge protector that I can easily turn on and off when I remember to.

Nick

S

sivadselim

Audioholic
Most subs' "standby mode" does NOT actually turn off the power to the amplifier anyway.

Last edited:
P

panicphan6

Audioholic Intern
i unhooked the speaker wires from the sub went into standby mode..i hooked the wires back up and it went back to on :mad: infinity says it's the amp and it needs serviced...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis