Subwoofer Suggestions

D

David Hollowell

Audiophyte
Hello, I have been looking at Subwoofers for several months. Last May, 2022 after 6 years of AVR Home Theater Systems, I wanted to build my first
Seperates Home Theater System. I am using the 2022 LG G2 83" OLED, the ANTHEMAVM 70 8K Processor, Two Outlaw 7000x Amplifiers and Thirteen
of the Arendal 1723S Speakers L,C,R, LSS, LBS, RBS, RSS FRONT L&R Dolby Height Center L&R Height Back L&R Dolby Height. Last year I had Two Klipsch
SPL 150's. I tried for a couple of months to use the Klipsch Subwoofers and I never could get the deep chest pounding bass. So I sold them and for about Eight months
I have not had any Subwoofers. I have read articles, watched YouTube Reviews. I am so confused now I thought I might ask for a little help. I can buy 1 or two in the 3,000
to 3,500 range. any suggestions would really help. Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious, the Klipsch subs were used with the Arendal speakers? How did you go about placement/setup particularly? What size room is it?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hello, I have been looking at Subwoofers for several months. Last May, 2022 after 6 years of AVR Home Theater Systems, I wanted to build my first
Seperates Home Theater System. I am using the 2022 LG G2 83" OLED, the ANTHEMAVM 70 8K Processor, Two Outlaw 7000x Amplifiers and Thirteen
of the Arendal 1723S Speakers L,C,R, LSS, LBS, RBS, RSS FRONT L&R Dolby Height Center L&R Height Back L&R Dolby Height. Last year I had Two Klipsch
SPL 150's. I tried for a couple of months to use the Klipsch Subwoofers and I never could get the deep chest pounding bass. So I sold them and for about Eight months
I have not had any Subwoofers. I have read articles, watched YouTube Reviews. I am so confused now I thought I might ask for a little help. I can buy 1 or two in the 3,000
to 3,500 range. any suggestions would really help. Thanks
Which $3.5K subs have you been eyeing?

Have you only been looking at Internet Direct companies or have you spoken to any local dealers?

13 speakers? How big is your room (which HD also just asked)?

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I have to go with a few others, what are the measurements of your room.

D

David Hollowell

Audiophyte
I have looked at a pair of the Monolith Ultra 13's and a pair of the Ultra 16". I have looked at a pair of the Rythmik FV 15 and the FV pc 18. I read a few good reviews Yesterday on the Monolith, but the prices were confusing .Some of the open box Monolith's only had 90 day Warranty. I looked at the Martin logan 1600x and the ParadigmX15

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Thats nice...the internet is very good for looking at things.
But, seeing as how you are asking for suggestions...you still haven't provided room dimensions to at least know from where to start recommending.
You are asking others to waste their time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To return to my question, you should have been able to get pretty good performance for what you're describing from the Klipsch subs but without knowing how you set them up could be just how you went about that. Size of the room comes into play to an extent as well. Some part of it is still dependent on the speakers, too. I'd investigate these things before just buying different subs.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
I have looked at a pair of the Monolith Ultra 13's and a pair of the Ultra 16". I have looked at a pair of the Rythmik FV 15 and the FV pc 18. I read a few good reviews Yesterday on the Monolith, but the prices were confusing .Some of the open box Monolith's only had 90 day Warranty. I looked at the Martin logan 1600x and the ParadigmX15
RSL Speedwoofer 12S $800 each.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I have both the Paradigm X12 and the SVS subwoofer SB-3000 myself. For my money and the budget OP has 2 Paradigm X15's should give massive base at the $3500 price range for the pair. In my experience the Paradigm X12 is far superior to the SVS SB-3000 with the caveat that SB-3000 for the task it has is also well matched. If you could get them Deep Sea Subwoofers are an excellent choice. Currently the company is having problems getting parts.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
I guess, if you are saying to get 4 of them. Not quite the same league as those mentioned.
You could get two of these shipped for $1598 and they would destroy anything on your list.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You could get two of these shipped for $1598 and they would destroy anything on your list.
Notice he mentions TWO of most of those subs which are in the $1500-1800 range, so hitting is target price range. So no, two 12S aren't going to compete with that.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You sure about that? I have one here, and while it's a good sub, I wouldn't go so far as to say they destroy more expensive subs from Rythmik or Monolith.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
You sure about that? I have one here, and while it's a good sub, I wouldn't go so far as to say they destroy more expensive subs from Rythmik or Monolith.
I’ve had it since February. I guess if you want to spend more that’s up to you.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Shady does reviews here and has reviewed many, if not all, of the subs mentioned in this thread. He knows a thing or two about them. Nobody is saying the RSLs aren't good, but we're talking about a different level of sub here. That isn't a knock against you.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Shady does reviews here and has reviewed many, if not all, of the subs mentioned in this thread. He knows a thing or two about them. Nobody is saying the RSLs aren't good, but we're talking about a different level of sub here. That isn't a knock against you.
I know what James Larson does.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
The world is waiting on Pines And Noodles for Shady J to come out with his official Speedwoofer 12S review.

And while all are sure that the review will cement the 12S into a certain 'can't be beat' category, as RSL products always do....it remains to be seen just how far up the ladder of other brands the destruction factor goes.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The world is waiting on Pines And Noodles for Shady J to come out with his official Speedwoofer 12S review.

And while all are sure that the review will cement the 12S into a certain 'can't be beat' category, as RSL products always do....it remains to be seen just how far up the ladder of other brands the destruction factor goes.
There has been a delay, and it won't be out for a while. Hopefully not too much longer, maybe mid-June, if we are lucky.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic

I’ve had mine since February so I don’t need a review to validate its relevance!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis