Subwoofer settings for new setup

P

palleon

Enthusiast
Hey guys, I got some help on here selecting my new home theater system last week. Total noob. All the pieces will be here today and I am trying to figure out how to set it up. I have read the "basic advice" links and have some idea, but I feel like I know just enough to be dangerous.

I have:

Pioneer 822k reciever
Pioneer SP-BS41 bookshelves
Pioneer SP-C21 Center
Cadence CSX-12 Mk II Sub

What I'm looking for is a starting point for my setup, I know there will probably need to be tweaks and things dependign on my room and placement but I would like to at least start in the right ballpark as far as settings. Things like which speakers are large and small, crossovers, and anything else that I might overlook in the initial setup. I have Pioneer Mcaac room analyzer but I read that it doesn't work with subs?

Anyways, you guys have been very helpful already and any advice on this end of it would be appreciated.

Thanks

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
The receiver's auto setup should provide you with a decent starting point, but of I were going to do that manually I'd go small for everything and a 90hz crossover and play around from there.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Speakers set to small
B41 80 HZ
C21 100 HZ
B21 100HZ

Since the crossover for the sub is in the receiver,
turn the sub crossover all the way up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com