Subwoofer selection

T

Tkake

Enthusiast
I am looking for a sub that can be used for 70% movie and 30 % music. I am able to spend $1000 for it . I live in fl and my room is not carpeted not sure if that matters in selecting a sub. I will also look in some of the classifeds so please don't hold out on options. Can i get any advice please

T

Tkake

Enthusiast
no i just build my whole media center and don't feel like working on wood for a while. lol

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
I am looking for a sub that can be used for 70% movie and 30 % music. I am able to spend $1000 for it . I live in fl and my room is not carpeted not sure if that matters in selecting a sub. I will also look in some of the classifeds so please don't hold out on options. Can i get any advice please
Hi! I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a good sub. Talking to many people on this site as well as others have all basically pointed me in the same direction either the Outlaw LFM-1EX or the PSA XV15. I'm personally thinking of going with the PSA XV-15 at this point I'm yet to hear one single negative thing about this sub. It's $800 shipped and the customer service is said to be second to none, there is also a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on there subs. How big is your room were you plan on putting this at?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Hi! I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a good sub. Talking to many people on this site as well as others have all basically pointed me in the same direction either the Outlaw LFM-1EX or the PSA XV15. I'm personally thinking of going with the PSA XV-15 at this point I'm yet to hear one single negative thing about this sub. It's $800 shipped and the customer service is said to be second to none, there is also a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on there subs. How big is your room were you plan on putting this at?
I have never heard the PSA sub, but have heard the LFM-1ex and can tell you the buyer sent it back, and bought a VTF3.. I have seen the VTF3mk3 compared to the PSA and people prefer the VTF3, now the mk4 is out and supposed to be even better, seems people like the tuneability and amount of clean low end it produces... plus it son sale... Google xv15 vs vtf3 and see if anything comes up....

I just prefer the HSU, because when trying out brands, they sounded awesome, I was willing to spend up to $1500 and the Vtf2 ended up being twice what I needed!!! Literally I have that sub turned below the half way point on the sub, and -6.5 on my preamp and at movie listening volume, I had to keep an eye on my mantle clock to make sure its not walking around {and its a 9 bell clock, HEAVY, I have since had my carpenter set a dowel in it to keep it still}.....
Plus HSU's support was first rate, hands down one of the BEST customer services in the business, and I always factor that in when buying anything. For the most part the ID companies have good CS.. Although when I was returning my demo outlaw sub and amps {I wasn't impressed with either}, I got a little attitude, but nothing blatantly rude...

Anyway, good luck, I hate to say it but, demoing a couple subs at the same time is the best bet... Although trying one at a time is nice, but you will pick the first one because everything you are looking at is top notch... For the money the vtf3 gets my vote... Although I love that vth15 and the uls15 sounded awesome with music...

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
I have never heard the PSA sub, but have heard the LFM-1ex and can tell you the buyer sent it back, and bought a VTF3.. I have seen the VTF3mk3 compared to the PSA and people prefer the VTF3, now the mk4 is out and supposed to be even better, seems people like the tuneability and amount of clean low end it produces... plus it son sale... Google xv15 vs vtf3 and see if anything comes up....

I just prefer the HSU, because when trying out brands, they sounded awesome, I was willing to spend up to $1500 and the Vtf2 ended up being twice what I needed!!! Literally I have that sub turned below the half way point on the sub, and -6.5 on my preamp and at movie listening volume, I had to keep an eye on my mantle clock to make sure its not walking around {and its a 9 bell clock, HEAVY, I have since had my carpenter set a dowel in it to keep it still}.....
Plus HSU's support was first rate, hands down one of the BEST customer services in the business, and I always factor that in when buying anything. For the most part the ID companies have good CS.. Although when I was returning my demo outlaw sub and amps {I wasn't impressed with either}, I got a little attitude, but nothing blatantly rude...

Anyway, good luck, I hate to say it but, demoing a couple subs at the same time is the best bet... Although trying one at a time is nice, but you will pick the first one because everything you are looking at is top notch... For the money the vtf3 gets my vote... Although I love that vth15 and the uls15 sounded awesome with music...
Well that's good to know, I also contacted outlaw with some questions and also got attitude and felt as if I were wasting there time are something. After that point I've eliminated them out of my choices I'm back to where I started again.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Well that's good to know, I also contacted outlaw with some questions and also got attitude and felt as if I were wasting there time are something. After that point I've eliminated them out of my choices I'm back to where I started again.
You are at least the fifth person to confirm that, plus me... Its like they are doing me a favor for answering the phone, well guess what, it cost them my business, and at least 3 others, plus yours, so it is what it is...

pddufrene

pddufrene

Audioholic
You are at least the fifth person to confirm that, plus me... Its like they are doing me a favor for answering the phone, well guess what, it cost them my business, and at least 3 others, plus yours, so it is what it is...
No doubt! I've contacted both SVS & PSA and talking to those guys I felt as if I been knowing them for a while. That's the kind of company I want to give my business to. You never feel like your bothering them. :)

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I like Rythmik at the $1K mark, but you can't go wrong with HSU or SVS either. I don't any experience with the newer PSA subs, but they certainly look like a great option too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis