Subwoofer recommendation

H

Hoikensnogin

Enthusiast
Hi all, I'm looking for a sub and I need advice.

Here goes:

Front: Klipsch RF-7's
Surrounds: Klipsch RF-3's
Center: Klipsch RC-7
Receiver: Onkyo TX-DS898
DVD: Denon 2200

Room is 14W * 15 L *11 H

I usually listen to music 20-25 db below reference, and movies 20-15 db below reference levels. My RF-7's are pretty cable with music, I've listened to the Klipsch RSW-10 and RSW-15 at dealerships, and I didn't think they added much with music. But I need a sub for the movies.

Here's the kicker: I don't want to spend more than $800. I'd really like to spend about $500-$600.

I've heard good things about SVS. I wrote them, and they recommended the SVS 20-39PCi ($600). Any opinions?

I'm also very open to using ebay, but what should I look for?

Thanks for the help,

Kurt

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
For $500 you should also add the Yamaha YST-SW1500 to your potential list, an excellent sub which is really good for music but can also go down and shake the walls for movies.

B

Bobster

Junior Audioholic
I don't think you can go wrong with SVS or HSU, especially at those listening levels or higher.

I haven't met an unhappy SVS owner yet.

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
Ditto on the SVS recommendation. I've had a cylinder and now have a box (large enough to accomodate the posterior of an 800 lb gorilla very comfortably :eek: ). Both are impressive and rank among my most satisfying purchases.

-GeorgeM

P.S. SVS does not sell gorillas; they must be procured elsewhere!!!!!!!#$*#

U

Unregistered

Velodyne DD12 is a great sub and reasonably priced.. If cost is no options there are some $7000 -$10000 boomers that I can't recall the name of. When it comes to audio gear never say "no matter what the cost."

J

julianj

Audiophyte
There are many speaker designs out there.. each design has its merit. Learn how to listen to a speaker is the best solution. To learn how to assess and evaluate great-sounding speakers, go to http://www.soundvisiontech.com

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis