Subwoofer Question???

S

Swash

Audiophyte
I just hooked up my system. I have a Denon 3806 and a Denon 2910 DVD. I have a JBL sub and when playing a DVD does not seem like my Sub is working. When running a speaker test I get good sound out of it. I have selected several different modes to see if (Dolby, Pro logic, etc) but still can't seem to hear the sub. Any suggestions?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Sub

Is there a LED or other indicator on the sup to indicate that it is powered on and working. It could be that the auto on feature is not kicking in during the movie. If this is the problem, lower the volume knob on the sub and re-run the auto setup. The recever will send a higher voltage to the sub, causing to turn on properly.

Or it could be that you need a sub upgrade or a crossover setting.

sdy284

sdy284

Audioholic
Swash said:
I just hooked up my system. I have a Denon 3806 and a Denon 2910 DVD. I have a JBL sub and when playing a DVD does not seem like my Sub is working. When running a speaker test I get good sound out of it. I have selected several different modes to see if (Dolby, Pro logic, etc) but still can't seem to hear the sub. Any suggestions?
How do you have your dvd player connected to your reciever? If you're not using a digial coax or optical cable (and maybe denon link) then you're not getting the actual LFE signal and that could also be the source of your problem

S

Swash

Audiophyte
I have connected my DVD to the reciever with a HDMI cable and I have the sub swiched to LFE. Will HDMI carry the signal?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes HDMI will carry the signal, but you have to make sure 1) the player is setup correctly to send the signal via digital (HDMI) The player should not be set to "downmix" or "PCM", 2) the subwoofer is turned on in the receiver's setup menu - sub "yes" and at least some of the speakers set to "small", and 3) the disc you've selected has a DD/DTS track and you have selected that track (receiver should display DD, DTS, etc...)

V

Vigor

Junior Audioholic
A DVD setup.

As well make sure that the speakers set all to "small", the sub to "yes", and the crossover to 80 Hz or more. and follow j_garcia advice and you will be ok.
let us know if you succeed !!.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis