No Sound Card - Using Mobo
512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Hitatchi 250GB 7200 RPM SATA
Nvidia 6800 PNY
Logitech X-530
Norton Systemworks Premium 2005
MusicMatch 10 Basic with DFX

Thats the basic of my setup.

My problem is that on most songs that I play with MM10 with DFX on Preset 4, most songs reverberate, it makes a vibrating sound that I don't think is even suppose to happen. I've tried it without DFX on but the music sounds really crappy and the reverberating sound doesn't happen as often but does happen too often to my liking. I've been messing around with the Nforce equalizer with no success. Lets say on the songs with Jay-Z and Linkin Park, Collission Course, they make a vibrating sounds. Then I tried it with a song that has alot of bass and in intervals, The Roots - Don't Say Nuthin', the bass seem to sound fine. I don't know how to fix this at all or if this is even a problem and its really how its suppose to be.

Thx in advance for you help.

P.S. My equalizer setting is pretty close to the Nforce Techno Preset settings. People with the same Mobo as me should know what i'm talking about.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Do you know exaclty where the vibration sound is coming from? Subwoofer for you 5.1 set, something in the room?

Everything has a resonance frequency. If something is loose enough, it will vibrate at a frequency. Find out where its from, and the tell me which song its happening on.

SheepStar

C

Constantine

Audiophyte
One of the songs that it reverberates on is "Favorite Things" by Incubus. I'm thinking its when the bass guitar part that makes it reverberate, i'm not sure about this. The reverberation is coming directly from the subwoofer. The bass-drum of the songs comes out fine as its instantaneous, but for the bass guitar is continous so thats why i think its coming from that instrument that makes the subwoofer reverberate. What do you think?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, I just listened to the song...

I have Logitech Z2200's for my computer so this is what I listened to them on. I have also heard the X530's at a friends house.

First thing I noticed is the bass guitar is very bright. It has a lot of treble gain in the sound. So right there, it doesn't sound like a regular bass.

I cranked the bass up to max in the song so I could see what frequencies this rattle was at.

Using WinISD, If found all the bass notes were within 60 - 90hz. If its coming from the sub, I would suggest RMAing it(warrenty). Taking it apart to fix yourself will void your warrenty, and you might break something.

SheepStar

C

Constantine

Audiophyte
You suggest I call up Logitech and tell them about this? . . . How long is the warranty on this? I bought these speakers from Newegg.com in the middle of March this year. Hopefully they cover purchases even from online. Which song did you listen to? Favorite things? or Don't Say Nuthin'? I listen to it with Musicmatch 10 with DFX . . . I'm not sure if that (MM10) will make a difference on how it comes out but the DFX makes alot of difference and the sounds come out so much better.

Thx for the response.

P.S. I'm going to try and use that WinISD Program you mentioned and see if the bass frequency are around 60Hz to 90Hz.

P.P.S. Lol scratch that idea about using WinISD . . . too lazy to figure out how to use it :p hehe, I hope there's another way of doing this. I hate RMAing stuff.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yes I also recommend getting WinISD, that way you can figure out what freq's are causing the vibrations.

If you have a recipt, it should have a 1 year warrenty... unless specified.

The song I listend to was Incubus.

SheepStar

C

Constantine

Audiophyte
Is the bass guitar really suppose to vibrate like that? cuz it over powers most bass sound that comes out of the subwoofer. Whats your opinion on the X-530?

C

Constantine

Audiophyte
I was messing around with the Signal Generator to test out Freq. from 50 to 100 and the all sounded to scaled. I tested them one by one and also with the Slow sweep and fast sweep, still it sounded to scale. Though from freq. 61Hz to 69Hz i started to hear a very faint rattle in my room, i just thought i'd point that out since it was a bit weird. The strongest the faint rattle was around 65Hz. I still don't hear a problem scaling through the frequencies with incriments of 1Hz so i'm starting to think that the "vibrating" or "reverberating" sounds are normal and how its suppose to be. Or its just my walls that vibrate due to the subwoofer. I am starting to think that it is my walls that create the "vibrating" sound or it just amplifies it. What do you think?

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The tones will show off the rattle if it exists. They are alot louder then bass notes in a song. How loud were the speakers when you noticed this sound?

I personally liked the sound of the X530's. Although my speakers go stinking loud, I feel theres more composure in the X530's. I never really had a chance to put them through there paces, but they performed exceptionally for there mere $70CAD(online, sale price) price.

SheepStar

C

Constantine

Audiophyte
My volume for the subwoofer is at max (the one on the back of the subwoofer), for the software they are all max, and lastly for the knob at the right from speakers its at 60% 60 70% usually. I hear the vibrating though even below 50% but not as strong. I'm guessing because its not putting out as much.

As for the rattling sound I hear it at around 50% and gets lower as I lower the volume, this is at 61Hz to 69Hz. This is with the Sound Generator.

Is there anyway I can replace the subwoofer of this system into a bigger and better one without buying a new complete set? I just bought this recently and I don't feel like its time for an upgrade yet.

Thx Sheep :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Constantine said:
My volume for the subwoofer is at max (the one on the back of the subwoofer), for the software they are all max, and lastly for the knob at the right from speakers its at 60% 60 70% usually. I hear the vibrating though even below 50% but not as strong. I'm guessing because its not putting out as much.

As for the rattling sound I hear it at around 50% and gets lower as I lower the volume, this is at 61Hz to 69Hz. This is with the Sound Generator.

Is there anyway I can replace the subwoofer of this system into a bigger and better one without buying a new complete set? I just bought this recently and I don't feel like its time for an upgrade yet.

Thx Sheep :)
Those are high volume levels to be running this system. I don't know how big your room is, but my friend never had it that loud.

I think your pushing your subwoofer too hard. Try locating it closer to your face. Even on the desk. Its front ported so it shouldn't loose much gain. My subwoofer does.

I don't think you can get a new, bigger sub and keep everything else. My system which will undoubtly be louder, and have way more bass and should do the trick. You can find the Z2300's for around $120 ($140ish CAD).

SheepStar

C

Constantine

Audiophyte
Yesterday during Black Friday, I bought a sound card. I bought Philps Ultimate Edge for a great price. I turned off my onboard 5.1 and using my new sound card now. The sounds are coming out a lot better with the new driver and software, namely the Philips Sound Agent with QSizzle and QRumble. The vibrating or reverberating sound has subsided and sounds more natural reverberating, like whats its suppose to be. Maybe it was just the bad onboard sound card?

The volume is hella louder now than usual around 35% to 40% sounds like 55 to 65% from last time. And the subwoofer is putting out better bass.

Thx much for your help.

P.S. I'll try to hit it up to 75% and see if it comes back, I haven't dared to put it up that high yet as its a lot louder now. I like to listen to my music loud and clear. :p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Good stuff,

report back if it happens again.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis