Subwoofer Placement

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
I just bought a few things for my setup one of them is a sub. I've never owned one beyond my computer's 2.1 system. I'm kind of limited on where I can put it. Would there be any ill effects, audio quality wise, by sticking it right next to one of the front loud speakers? Here's some shots of the room:

I have a 20' cable coming with the sub. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Try this. Place the subwoofer in your sitting area. Get low and walk around the room listening to where the bass sounds the best. That is the place you want to place the subwoofer.

Try both front corners to see how it sounds.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Move the trash bin to another part of the room, push the cabinet closer to the door and put the sub where the golf bag is. That's a good place to start.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Try this. Place the subwoofer in your sitting area. Get low and walk around the room listening to where the bass sounds the best. That is the place you want to place the subwoofer.

thats the tickect!

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Either front corner should probably work fine for you, by looking at the room.

Rico

Rico

Audioholic

My wife saw me doing that last week and said I'm becoming really weird with this A/V passion :D

I found the best spot for the sub tough ;)

1tribeca

Audioholic
The first suggestion is what I've always been told...put in in the sittine area and see where it sounds best...move it there.

P.S. make your bed dude!

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
The first suggestion is what I've always been told...put in in the sittine area and see where it sounds best...move it there.

P.S. make your bed dude!
LOL, it's a futon and it would have blocked the shot. :D

Thanks guys, when it gets here I'll do that. Good thing I have nobody to harass me about it.

iTarik

iTarik

Enthusiast
I found out the best location for my room is the corner wall either left or right.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis