J

johnmcstereo

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Good evening all,

I just purchased a Pinnacle Babyboomer sub. &nbsp;I am having a few issues with the setup.

1. &nbsp;My Technices stereo is about 11 yrs old, it has no RCA for sub. &nbsp;I used the speaker lines like in instructions and volume adjustment is almost none. &nbsp;When I have the stereo on I have less than a 1/4 turn and volume on sub before it is &nbsp;distorting terribly.
I was told an RF modulator would solve problem, went to radioshack and they tried to sell me a new receiver??
I am strapped with christmas and all and can't afford a quality one. &nbsp;Is there a cheater way around this problem?

Any advice or input would be helpful.

John</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Does your sub have high level inputs as well as line level? &nbsp;Make sure you attached to the high level inputs.</font>

R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Please confirm that by high-level inputs you mean the speaker post inputs as opposed to the pre-out.</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>The hihg level inputs are those that accept speaker connection. &nbsp;The low level ones accept only RCA interconnects.

Based on your description, your sub is distorting as it may be overdriven. &nbsp;But that should not be the case if the dub attenuates the speaker level inputs. &nbsp;The speake can deliver up to anywehre from 30 to 70 volts depending on your volume setting and power amp and the sub should bring that down to a comfortable 3-6 volts at the high level input prior to being fed to ithe sub's internal amps.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis