S

Stupid

Enthusiast
Hi yas, I have a single digital coaxial subwoofer out on my stereo system. On my subwoofer I have two RCA inputs. I am not sure what type of cable I need to hook up my sub, because I tried an RCA cable and it didn't work. If someone could help me that would be appreciated. Thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
First of all, what kind of subwoofer is it (make/model)? Second, could you provide some pics?

Stryf3

Audioholic Intern
Stupid said:
Hi yas, I have a single digital coaxial subwoofer out on my stereo system. On my subwoofer I have two RCA inputs. I am not sure what type of cable I need to hook up my sub, because I tried an RCA cable and it didn't work. If someone could help me that would be appreciated. Thanks

It didn't work?!? Even a cheapie RCA cable should've produced some sound out of your sub. There are cables made specificall for your sub, but any cable should "work".

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Stupid said:

First, you need to change your moniker ;)

Any cable with RCA ends will work, period.
You need to make sure you set up your receiver for sub operation, and indicate -sub, yes.
Then, you may need a Y cable at the end of the single run of RCA to the sub and plug it into both RCA inputs. Some subs needs both inputs. You can get this at Radio Shack; one should be near you :)
It is a Y with about 6: on each leg. Be sure you get the right fitting, one female and two with male RCA ends. Turn sub on, and volume up slowly ;) Read sub manual?

S

Stupid

Enthusiast
Thank you all. Yeah I think I need to try a Y cable. 'Cause I tried a single RCA.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis