Subwoofer for new basement…..somewhat continued

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Hey All, I started a thread in General AV talking about speakers for a new setup and have made some choices so far. I have emailed with Dennis Murphy about the Philharmonic AA's (towers and center) and that could not have been a better customer experience. I emailed him about 4-5 times with questions about the line and measurements and every time i got a reply very quickly and cannot express enough how nice it is to deal with someone like him, so thanks Dennis. I think that I am going to purchase either the Yamaha RX-830 or the 1030, not exactly sure which one yet but that shouldn't matter too much. The only thing that i am left with is the subwoofer question. Below is a drawing of the room. I think that the sub will sound best in the right front corner by the x but I will crawl around, though suggestions welcome. I have kind of looked at HSU and SVS since those seem to get a lot of recognition on here. I really think that I would like to stay below 700 of possible, but man there are a lot of option out there. I like the idea of a ported sub but I have not had a ton of experience with sealed subs. For example I really want the sound of a Paradigm Sub 12 but no the bill. I'll take any recommendations while I continue to do my homework.
basement drawing.png

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A very capable $700 sub looks to be the new Outlaw Ultra-X12. That would be my first choice in that price range. Supposedly it can outperform the old LFM-1 EX, and that thing was a beast for the money.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Hi and Welcome back. I will give you 3 options: SVS PB1000(I have it and it's more that I need in a med size room) or budget wise NXG Technology NX-BAS-500(Look up Jman review) Dayton 1200(I have it in a music setup and it does a nice job) or 1500. Nice price for this Yamaha: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa1030bl/yamaha-rx-a1030-7.2-network-aventage-av-receiver-airplay/1.html
Thanks, it's nice to be back and cannot wait to set up the new system and share pictures and thoughts with you all. So I have looked at all those and will consider each, along with the Outlaw (thanks ShadyJ). I am going to try and get it ordered in the next 3-4 days. I know that Dennis thought we were 10 days out maybe on the speakers so no rush, except me being like a kid again lol. So what about the PC 200 from SVS http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cylinder/pc-2000. What are thoughts on these. I just have never heard and have read a few reviews but looking for reactions from you all. Oh, and I think I can get the 1030, new, from Amazon for $699, seems like a steal!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis