Subwoofer for living 24x20x15(cathedral ceilings, maybe a bit higher) open to kitchen and dining area

O

otto2008

Audioholic Intern
Hello all-
Moving my equipment from downstairs back to the living area.

Yamaha RX 700
Polk monitor 70s
Polk monitor 40s
Crowne XLS 1500 amp
PSA xv30fse - 162lbs specs below:
  • Amplifier Power: 800W RMS (continuous), 2400W Peak (dynamic)
  • Amplifier Topology: PS BASH® - Patented hybrid amplifier uses best of Class D and Class AB
  • Precision analog control through DSP (digital signal processing)
  • Inputs: Left (LFE) and Right RCA connections
  • 0o to 180o Continuous Phase Control
  • 40Hz-150Hz/LFE Variable Crossover
  • Off/Auto/On Selector
  • Voltage: 100-120V/220-240V~50/60Hz (6.3A) with auto-switching
  • Stand-By Power: Less than 1W
So my question is , what subwoofer would blend well with this being that PSA discontinued it? Budget would be $1500 max. Maybe 1 sub that's comprable or duals? then I would have 3 subs to fill out that huge space. Would a SVS pc 2000 or Monolith 12 do well?....sorry for the rambling......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
7200 cuft plus is a big space. Maybe the PSA V3611 or dual V1811s would be more appropriate than moving downhill with 12s....

O

otto2008

Audioholic Intern
Hi all - still in the hunt.....I was told an SVS PC 4000 would be an option, with placement being an issue, just might work. Though i keep hearing Rythmik in other forums......

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all - still in the hunt.....I was told an SVS PC 4000 would be an option, with placement being an issue, just might work. Though i keep hearing Rythmik in other forums......
You can't go wrong with either. What is you final budget? The dual HSU option is still the most budget friendly.

I'd shoot Mark Seaton an email and see if he has any options for you, as sometimes he has good deals.

O

otto2008

Audioholic Intern
You can't go wrong with either. What is you final budget? The dual HSU option is still the most budget friendly.

I'd shoot Mark Seaton an email and see if he has any options for you, as sometimes he has good deals.
budget just under 1k......

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
noo way....lol....ill investigate the Hsu's...........
I have a pair of them in a large space, well over 5000 ^3 and they do the job with plenty to spare. Unless you go diy that's probably your best bang for buck option.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agree: the Hsus are the best bang for the buck.
Any of the usual suspects, in terms of the ID companies, will produce some great stuff, but if you need to come in under 2K, I don’t think you can beat Hsu. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
At 7200 cu. ft., you may need dual VTF-15H mk2.
However, assuming you are happy with your PSA, you might contact Tom V at PSA and see what he suggests before you commit. It is always worth checking your options!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
At 7200 cu. ft., you may need dual VTF-15H mk2.
However, assuming you are happy with your PSA, you might contact Tom V at PSA and see what he suggests before you commit. It is always worth checking your options!
My understanding is the 3 and 15 are the same driver and amp... just different box sizes and tuning. I would suspect that output on either is adequate in a dual drive scenario. :)
Definitely an Extreme room! A worthy investment might require buying one great Sub now, and saving for a second matching later.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My understanding is the 3 and 15 are the same driver and amp... just different box sizes and tuning. I would suspect that output on either is adequate in a dual drive scenario. :)
Definitely an Extreme room! A worthy investment might require buying one great Sub now, and saving for a second matching later.
A pair of these SV-1212NRs popped into my head, but they kinda blow the budget even for a single and he'd still need an amp! I'll bet a pair of those, properly powered and DSP'd would rock that room.

O

otto2008

Audioholic Intern
thanks , so at my budget, one big sub to pair up with my PSA. I like the idea of dual hsu's have the room but placement could b an issue. I'm thinking the PC 4000 just so i have an option to move it around..its a bi level home which makes placement tough...

O

otto2008

Audioholic Intern
I just ordered a HSU VTF 1H !!!!! hope its the real deal, hoping to go duals shortly when budget allows......wife sabatoged my dreams of duals !!!!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis