B

bdub

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Do the expensive sub cables provide any better performance than the single-line rca cable I bought for a few bucks?
Thanks.</font>

<font color='#000080'>You want a nice shielded sub cable, but you don't have to pay tons for it. If you want to make one yourself, I have heard that RG-6 quad-shielded coax makes a great home brew solution.</font>

Y

Yamaman

Junior Audioholic
Are there absolutely no issues with using RG6 as subwoofer cable? I ran a line anways because I just can't afford the standard sub cable since I'm looking at a 40' run

T

tedmjr2

Junior Audioholic
Yamaman said:
Are there absolutely no issues with using RG6 as subwoofer cable? I ran a line anways because I just can't afford the standard sub cable since I'm looking at a 40' run
I have a 35' run of RG6 to my subwoofer with no issues. In my experience, there's no audible difference using the name brand subwoofer cables. If you can afford the cost and prefer to purchase retail, your satisfaction and happiness is what counts.

S

sheep

bass 100 cable

you should not have to spend that much for a cable, as matter of fact, the minimum thx certification subwoofer calbe performs better then my monster bass 100 and its cost about 15-20 dollars more.

sheep

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yamaman said:

RG 6 type or as JohnA posted, you can link two from partexperss that is long enough for you. I'd go for either if the price is close enough, or the lesser cost if it is a lot different ;)

Y

Yamaman

Junior Audioholic
Well, I purchased RG6 at $0.25 a foot from my favorite HT store. Good quality cable and dirt cheap! :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yamaman said:
Well, I purchased RG6 at $0.25 a foot from my favorite HT store. Good quality cable and dirt cheap! :D

That's close to free :D Them may even pay you to take it ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis