subwoofer cable options

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I run one wireless SVS transmitter in my living room to one HSU sub. I tried out running 2 but had issues doing 2 transmitters so went with just the one. (One sub ended up near the AVR anyhow so gave up after a couple days and just did a direct wire)

I’m not super pleased with how flimsy the mini phone jack connects to the box but it has stayed connected for many months without issues.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I run one wireless SVS transmitter in my living room to one HSU sub. I tried out running 2 but had issues doing 2 transmitters so went with just the one. (One sub ended up near the AVR anyhow so gave up after a couple days and just did a direct wire)

I’m not super pleased with how flimsy the mini phone jack connects to the box but it has stayed connected for many months without issues.
Curious, why not let the single transmitter handle both subs, this was with an avr that had separately adjustable levels/delay for two subs? Or?

FWIW I've had a pair of wireless Infinity subs around for a while, but the receiver is built into the sub (and if equidistant it was nice as I'd just use the single transmitter). Haven't kept up on available wireless kits, seems some have gone away over the years.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Curious, why not let the single transmitter handle both subs, this was with an avr that had separately adjustable levels/delay for two subs? Or?

FWIW I've had a pair of wireless Infinity subs around for a while, but the receiver is built into the sub (and if equidistant it was nice as I'd just use the single transmitter). Haven't kept up on available wireless kits, seems some have gone away over the years.
Ya the first sub is by the AVR anyhow.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dunno, Lovin or Snake, if its part of what you are talking about, but I was also concerned with potential signal issues in terms of wired speaker signal and wireless sub signal syncing up. I know when I stream, the logitechs direct to my iMac are a second ahead of the stream signal to the AVR.
So yeah... I'd love to go "wireless" for things like Atmos, Rear Surround, and/or Sub...
But my room is the signal hub for the household (as stated above) with the cable modem, wifi router, Microcell signal booster, and master phone base. This all screams of signal interference to me! But then you still have to route electrical to any receiver that is running a speaker, so its never truly wireless.
If only Tesla won the game instead of T.E. :)

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Dunno, Lovin or Snake, if its part of what you are talking about, but I was also concerned with potential signal issues in terms of wired speaker signal and wireless sub signal syncing up. I know when I stream, the logitechs direct to my iMac are a second ahead of the stream signal to the AVR.
So yeah... I'd love to go "wireless" for things like Atmos, Rear Surround, and/or Sub...
But my room is the signal hub for the household (as stated above) with the cable modem, wifi router, Microcell signal booster, and master phone base. This all screams of signal interference to me! But then you still have to route electrical to any receiver that is running a speaker, so its never truly wireless.
If only Tesla one the game instead of T.E. :)
Ya in a perfect world, I run sub cable under the floor but took a shortcut in the living room due to WAF and avoiding spiders :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If only Tesla one the game instead of T.E. :)
I never had any interference issues with a wifi router but don't have much beyond that to interfere (only use a cell phone, no booster). Never used them in a city with close neighbors either. Any delay issues with those haven't been beyond the avr's capabilities I used them with to manage delay....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ya in a perfect world, I run sub cable under the floor but took a shortcut in the living room due to WAF and avoiding spiders :)
Where you at Snake? As long as you don't run into a Brown Recluse or Black Widow... nothing to worry about!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Where you at Snake? As long as you don't run into a Brown Recluse or Black Widow... nothing to worry about!
We have some of those in the greater Seattle area but not actually afraid of them. Just wear a mechanic jumpsuit and roll. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis