D

danrmiller@mac.

Audiophyte
I am hearing more voice and music through my sub than thump. I have it wire from the receiver right speaker output to the sub and then speaker wire from the other side of the sub to my right speakers. It is a non powered inwall sub with crossover. Am i doing something wrong or is it blown? Another question as well. My Onkyo receiver has a sub out but it is rca type. My sub has speaker wire clamps. Is it even feasible to make this work. I know nothing about being an audiophile but I love good sound.

Thanks... Dan

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
danrmiller@mac. said:
I am hearing more voice and music through my sub than thump. I have it wire from the receiver right speaker output to the sub and then speaker wire from the other side of the sub to my right speakers. It is a non powered inwall sub with crossover. Am i doing something wrong or is it blown? Another question as well. My Onkyo receiver has a sub out but it is rca type. My sub has speaker wire clamps. Is it even feasible to make this work. I know nothing about being an audiophile but I love good sound.

Thanks... Dan

If it was blown, you would hear nothing. It is a hookup issue but I am not following your hookup or seeing the issue yet. Maybe someone else will :p

cam

cam

Audioholic
You have a passive sub which is none powered. My experiences in the past, you had to route front left and right speaker wires to the sub and then to the front left and right speakers. Run your mains at LARGE, the filtering will be done by the passive sub. Full range from receiver to sub, sub uses 80 to 100hz and down or whatever it is designed for and then sends the rest of the frequencies to your mains.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

cam said:
You have a passive sub which is none powered. My experiences in the past, you had to route front left and right speaker wires to the sub and then to the front left and right speakers. Run your mains at LARGE, the filtering will be done by the passive sub. Full range from receiver to sub, sub uses 80 to 100hz and down or whatever it is designed for and then sends the rest of the frequencies to your mains.

OK, I am beginning to see the setup, I think. :rolleyes:
If the main out goes to the sub then to the main speaker, the only way that sub will only get the lows if it has a crossover in it. Depending on the crossover frequency and roll of slope, if it is working properly, he should not be hearing anything above the crossover frequency.
The other side, the high pass side, goes to the main speaker.
Crossover should be 80 Hz or less.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

danrmiller@mac. said:
Here is the site for the subwoofer I have. I hope this helps. I have an Onkyo TX-DS575X which it says it work with 6 ohms. I am not getting the diagram.

No link :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis