Subs that the ports are tuned to diffrent fz connected to the same system

P

Papaj

Enthusiast
Is that the correct term for towers with tweeter and mids speakers i know the box for it was for a sony i sized the box dimensions to the cubed ft of the sub then i sealed it all up after removing the mid and high out and to answer your question i highly doubt that they are correct for the drivers

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is that the correct term for towers with tweeter and mids speakers i know the box for it was for a sony i sized the box dimensions to the cubed ft of the sub then i sealed it all up after removing the mid and high out and to answer your question i highly doubt that they are correct for the drivers
So it was some sort of Sony speaker originally? What are the internal dimensions at least? You're just very vague about details here....

Yes it dose before it couldnt feel the bass throughout the house but now i can
Doesn't mean much to me. It could still be really bad....but louder.

P

Papaj

Enthusiast
Lol my bad i cant remember them completely but its close to 20-22×9-8x13 i had some wood that fit inside it i cut the internal box down from 33-34 inches

P

Papaj

Enthusiast
So it was some sort of Sony speaker originally? What are the internal dimensions at least? You're just very vague about details here....

Doesn't mean much to me. It could still be really bad....but louder.
Yes thats true haha but they do sound better after i modified the box its in from what my dad had it at before it sounded horrible But its better now in my opinion

P

Papaj

Enthusiast
Jus so you know this enclosure isnt permanent its only temporary till i can afford the wood to build a new one

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes thats true haha but they do sound better after i modified the box its in from what my dad had it at before it sounded horrible But its better now in my opinion
Did you answer his question about internal volume somewhere and I missed it? That's a pretty critical thing to get right if you want any chance of this project producing something listenable. You can't just choose random drivers, boxes and ports, slap 'em together and expect them to work. If you can modify those boxes some way to approximate the correct internal volume (1.2 cu ft for sealed) that would be a good start...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you answer his question about internal volume somewhere and I missed it? That's a pretty critical thing to get right if you want any chance of this project producing something listenable. You can't just choose random drivers, boxes and ports, slap 'em together and expect them to work. If you can modify those boxes some way to approximate the correct internal volume (1.2 cu ft for sealed) that would be a good start...
Let alone port details and how he "tuned" it.....

P

Papaj

Enthusiast
this is close i cant remeber 100% id have to take it all apart again. Haha 20-22×9-8x13 thats close i l would have to take it part to measure from the baffle that i used to cut the space down im pretty sure that its a bit to big for them as is i think it came down to 1.6 i know 8t was to big but that was the smallest i can get it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis