mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Have you called SVS, HSU, given them your room dimensions, openings, and asked their recommendations???
Add Power Sound Audio to your list

Out of the Subs you have listed - my Vote

SVS PB-2000 Pro Subwoofer

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
SVS builds shipping into their prices... nothing is free my friend. ;)

How big is your space? Open room volume, LxWxH?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Mazer no I didn’t try that yet. I am not as technical as you guys was just looking for good options around $2K or less for 2 of them.
You don't have to be Technical. Just give them your Dimensions, Openings to other Rooms, ect. They will recommend.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If your measurements are correct you've got a pretty big space. If coin is the issue, I would recommend the Hsu VTF 3 or VTF 15s... dual drive packages. They are the same driver and amps, just different cabinet/port tuning as I understand.
Even two PB2000s would be underpowered for your room... you would need to look at PB3000 I think for SVS to start making sense.

Most of the Subs in the list you see from us here are what you have listed: SVS, Hsu, Outlaw, Rythmik, PSA, Monolith, and if you upscale a little, JTR, Seton, Deep Sea, Funk...
But for the more affordable options, the main thing you need to pay attention to is how they match up to your room size. If the output is clean, and powerful enough to fill the space, you are largely good to go. Secondary is connections through the Amp on the sub. Sometimes people want pass through or line level inputs... just make certain they are going to work for your situation, and enjoy!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Leaning towards these (Pair) Should sounds good for my setup and a has to be step up from what I had.
VTF-3 MK5 HP Subwoofer
We’ve had many friends go this route. You should be very happy. They will definitely outperform your old Klipsch.
Cheers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Leaning towards these (Pair) Should sounds good for my setup and a has to be step up from what I had.
VTF-3 MK5 HP Subwoofer
We’ve had many friends go this route. You should be very happy. They will definitely outperform your old Klipsch.
Cheers.
Yup. A pair of those should do the trick. Best bang for your buck imo.

S

SVSDual

Enthusiast
Dual Pb-2000 is the easy answer for me.

I have dual pb-1000's and they're incredible for both music and movies. And svs is the best companyI've ever dealt with.

Just traded up from a single sb-1000 to the pb's. Had my sb for over a year, they gave me $580 for my sb and overnighted the dual pb's. Contacted them on a Friday about a possible upgrade, and had the pb's that Saturday afternoon.

Easiest process ever and high quality product. Never experienced anything like that before.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dual Pb-2000 is the easy answer for me.

I have dual pb-1000's and they're incredible for both music and movies. And svs is the best companyI've ever dealt with.

Just traded up from a single sb-1000 to the pb's. Had my sb for over a year, they gave me $580 for my sb and overnighted the dual pb's. Contacted them on a Friday about a possible upgrade, and had the pb's that Saturday afternoon.

Easiest process ever and high quality product. Never experienced anything like that before.
SVS is hands down the best company I've dealt with. Always willing to help, very patient and they'll take care of you even if it's not technically still under warranty. I love SVS, you won't find a bigger fan boy on this site.

However... the VTF--3 MK5 is a bigger, more powerful sub and in a huge room like op's I think bigger is going to be better.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
After going back and forth between SVS, HSU, PSA, Rythmik & Monolith I went with SVS PB-3000 they were more money but I wanted all of extras that come with SVS and even if they don’t sound as good as the others I’m sure they will sound good. And they match my new RP8000 cabinets and the metal screen is also good idea.
You won't be disappointed at all.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
After going back and forth between SVS, HSU, PSA, Rythmik & Monolith I went with SVS PB-3000 they were more money but I wanted all of extras that come with SVS and even if they don’t sound as good as the others I’m sure they will sound good. And they match my new RP8000 cabinets and the metal screen is also good idea.
Performance wise, with almost all of those companies, it comes down more to aesthetics and UI/UX.
I suspect you'll be a'ight. :cool:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don't have time to googlate your AVR... but it does have two jacks... so the main question is whether it treats both jacks as separate discrete entities or splits the signal internally (like an internal "Y," thus a single entity).

Best way to tell is if you can control Sub Trim on each sub, rather than both Subs on one slider.
Make sense?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ok thx, I was not trying to offend sensitive people. I happen to think it’s overblown flu! Oh well :)
Tell that to @gene who was diagnosed and quarantined from his family.

I don't mind being friendly, but the other stuff goes to the Steam Vent.

Cool?

K

kini

Full Audioholic
I got another big question for you guys. I thought for sure my receiver was ok for Dual Subs but now not so sure. So was wondering how you guys interpreted it.
*Or should I just buy the cable splitter to allow me to run dual subs to be safe.
You can run two subs using a splitter or two separate cables it doesn't make a difference. Onkyo does not have the ability to set separate distance and levels to 2 subs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis