flexodude

flexodude

Junior Audioholic
I've been reading the forums for the past week and have decided to buy a HSU Subwoofer from a distributor in Toronto, Ontario. Why I mentioned Tononto was because I read a few messages and people thought you could only buy these direct from HSU USA but after a long google search I came up with a place that has great prices.

What model would I need for a 21'L x 11'W x 10'H. The room has a cathedral ceiling that tops out at 10', distance from TV about 8' with couch in the middle of room.

Also is there a huge difference between the HSU STF-3 and HSU VTF-2 MK other than $150. They have the HSU VTF-2 on sale for $50 off list. I've been leaning toward the HSU STF-3 from what I've read.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

J

JES14

Audioholic
I auditioned the HSU's and found the VTF-2 was very good for the price. It hit the lows with authority during Terminator 3 (the chase scene turned near reference level) The VTF-2 went lower and smoother then my Velodyne. It also was very smooth and blended nicely on music. Demoed some DVD-A and SACD's, although I should mention the system as a whole was very impressive with the new Energy Ref. Cons. All in all , best bang for the buck subwoofer I've heard.
That being said for your room size, if you listen at or near reference levels, I would suggest the the larger more powerful VTF-3.
May I ask what dealer you saw these at? It's nice to have other options.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I would say, at least an STF-3. Thats a large room.

If you don't mind getting raped with shipping charges, an SVS 25-31 PCi would be the best bet for filling the room.

SheepStar

Last edited:
flexodude

flexodude

Junior Audioholic
The STF-3 is a good choose from what I've read in the forums so the extra coin will be well worth the exta boooooooooooooooooooooom (that's actually my head vibrating under the sound, echoing in my head), that will be heard from every vortex of my mind, when I put on, "Saving Private Ryan", first part of the movie with the landing on the beaches or Normandy.

Cheers, & good night.......................................................................................:eek:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
To get the straight shot, call up Hsu directly. You can even talk to Dr. Hsu himself if you'd like. He'll know better than anyone what his subs can and can't do.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis