Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Checking my sub I found that the Pre/pro board inside the enclosure is fried. would it be cost effective to purchase a new board or the whole plate amp and install it myself? Any suggestions on where to look to DIY sub repair/ build?
It is/was JBL S-12 about three years old. maybe it would be better just to replace. Any suggestions on something compairable? in the less than $400 range??

Thanks for your help
Anyone know about theater research TR-12?

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Checking my sub I found that the Pre/pro board inside the enclosure is fried. would it be cost effective to purchase a new board and install it myself? Any suggestions on where to look to DIY sub repair? my sub is blown!!! It is/was JBL S-12 about three years old. maybe it would be better just to replace. Any suggestions on something compairable? in the less than $400 range??
You can get an entry level BIC 12" or Cadence XSUB 12 (entry level 12") for around $200 shipped, or get an entry level SVS or HSU sub for $400+. www.partexpress.com sells bash plate amps, but you'll probably be over $100 for a beefy one and may need to recut the hole in the back of the existing sub to get it to fit.

www.partexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&DID=7&CAT_ID=43&ObjectGroup_ID=505&SO=2

Anyone know about theater research TR-12?
The theater research brands on ebay have been discussed here as "white van" type speakers. Do a google search to learn about "white van" sales.

9f9c7z

Banned
You might want to check with JBL about the cost of a replacement amp and/or board. Also worth looking at the amp carefully to see who actually made it. Possible the amp was OEM’d from another manf. If so, it is probably less expensive to replace it or the part you need from the original manf. Same for the board, look to see who actually made it, part #, etc.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis