sub for 2-channel music

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I'll be quick on that one:

NAD integrated amp with no sub pre-out
Energy C-100 bookshelves

Looking for sub to go along in a small-to-medium sized room.

I live in Canada

I think a 8in driver would be enough since bass in music rarely goes under 30hz

Comments, recommendations plz

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say go to HSU and check out the STF-1 (HSU has Canadian distributors). Price range?

muncybob

muncybob

Audioholic
I paid the same price as the UFW-10 for the Mirage S12 delivered...never heard the UFW-10 but specs look good. I've had the S12 for only a short time and last night used it for 2 channel listening for the first time and actually preferred the 2 channel to the surround modes for the van Morrison disc I had in at the time. The S12 has met my expectations in this price range so far, both in music and movies.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
My 2 cents use your velo 10" for music and get a bigger sub for the movie EFFECTS!!

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Sub connections

Does your integrated have L and R pre-amp outputs? If so, they you can consider subs like the Onix that have L and R line level inputs.
If not, than limit your search to models that have speaker level inputs and outputs, including the HSU STF-1 and STF-2.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
billy p said:
My 2 cents use your velo 10" for music and get a bigger sub for the movie EFFECTS!!
True... great idea... I'll try it out right away :p

The problem is that if I put my Velodyne in my bedroom, I won't have a sub for movies for a long time cuz I just bough myself a 2000$ mountain bike! :p

I think I'll wait a bit to put my velodyne on my music system and then save some money for a 12inches one for my home theater setup. HSU and SVS looks pretty interesting to me...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis