Sub connection question

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
My AVR has 2 sub outs. Would there be any advantages to using a Y to hookup both outs to a single sud? Would it do any harm?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
No harm except to your wallet. No advantage except to your ego.

:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No point to do it that way. Some subs might have a bit of a gain advantage by using a splitter from a single pre-out for two (L/R) inputs on the sub if the pre-out level was particularly low. Your Denon (4400, right?) at least has separately adjustable sub pre-outs for level/delay so I suppose if you do want to use both at least make sure they're set the same.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
No point to do it that way. Some subs might have a bit of a gain advantage by using a splitter from a single pre-out for two (L/R) inputs on the sub if the pre-out level was particularly low. Your Denon (4400, right?) at least has separately adjustable sub pre-outs for level/delay so I suppose if you do want to use both at least make sure they're set the same.

It’s on my 3080.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It’s on my 3080.
That model may also have separate level/delay settings for each sub, at least I think the highest version of YPAO had that....but I still wouldn't do it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis