STYLUS FOR GRADO F3E+

Tracy Brink

Tracy Brink

Audioholic Intern
Hello audio fans,
I have a Grado F3E+ cartridge that needs a stylus. I'll be using this on a Pioneer PL-518. So if you could put any Grado stylus on this cartridge which would you choose?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello audio fans,
I have a Grado F3E+ cartridge that needs a stylus. I'll be using this on a Pioneer PL-518. So if you could put any Grado stylus on this cartridge which would you choose?
Well, you can not use any Grado stylus. You must use one that is designed for that cartridge. So you will have to look for old stock on eBay, or buy an after market one from Mantra.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
According to LP Gear's page for that cartridge your choices are
Standard stylus: Grado Blue Stylus
- Improved stylus: Grado Red Stylus
- Upgrade stylus: Grado 8MZ Stylus

Tracy Brink

Tracy Brink

Audioholic Intern
Did you look at the link to lpgear I provided?
Yes I did. I am thinking about the Grado Blue, as I'm not sure I want to go up to a gold or 8MZ. Much of my collection is older and thrifted vinyl, i'm affraid of the surface noise I'll pick up with a top performing stylus.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes I did. I am thinking about the Grado Blue, as I'm not sure I want to go up to a gold or 8MZ. Much of my collection is older and thrifted vinyl, i'm affraid of the surface noise I'll pick up with a top performing stylus.
The stylus isn't likely going to make a difference in that respect...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
how do you clean your Lp's ??

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have both a Spin Clean and a Music Hall vacuum cleaner
is it fair to assume on used LP's you spin clean first and then use your vacuum RCM ? if so I would think that would help with surface noise reduction, granted areas of abuse on the LP can't be reversed

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis