Stupid Playstation2

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The kids playstation2 has stopped getting power. I'm pretty sure the power connection on the back has a loose solder or wire. Unforturnately I can't seem to get the case open and be sure I won't break the thing. This is the second generation, cheapo, external power supply model. Got it last Christmas. Does anyone know how to pop open the case without throwing it against the wall?
God knows their lives are in turmoil with just a Gamecube and Xbox for entertainment.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'll sell you my PS2 cheap :rolleyes:

I don't know. I tried getting mine open (older, larger one) so I could dust it. No luck. Have to use special crap to pop other specail crap off. Ugh.

SheepStar

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
The old ones come apart pretty easily.. just unscrew the bottom (the screws are underneath the rubber feet) and the whole top comes right off. I did it a while back to get in there and clean the lens (which is one advantage the newer one has.. the flip-top loader, you can access the lens anytime you like).

As for the newer one.. I don't have one, so I've no clue how to get it apart. It may be similar to the old one, though.. look around for "hidden" screws on the bottom.

If that doesn't work, hit up Google, or a video game forum somewhere.. I'm sure someone somewhere has taken the thing apart and could tell you how to do it.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Hidden screws. What a concept. Found 'em.
Thanks Jedi.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the most servicable thing in the world. Go figure.
Stupid Playstaion2.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I hate to advertise here cause i'm new here and dont want to make enemies but I just got a brand new Ps2 earlier this week for free thanks to this site:
freegamingsystems.com

Perhaps you've heard of freeipods.com. Same company. Actually legit. I can show you some proof pictures if you'd like (http://photobucket.com/albums/a9/Svenhook/) and the names of some other sites that you can get free stuff from. I've gotten a ps2, laptop, ipod, ipod 60gb, ipof shuffle, and paypal from these sites.

I won't post any referral links or anything but if anyone is interested in learning more about these pm me or something and i can help you learn. I dont mean to spam or anything, just trying to let you guys know about this stuff

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Pyramid schemes. There ain't no free lunch in this world. Okay, maybe meals you can get for free. But definitely not some $200 worth of electronics.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Basically yeah. But its not technically a pyramid scheme. Don't ask me how, but its lega. In fact, every year, Inc. Magazine ranks the 500 fastest growing companies in the U.S and the company that owns this site was number 18 on the list this year.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis