Struggling with settings on my JVC RS 2000

R

Ras777

Audioholic
So I have about 20 hours on my projector and I am not all that excited with picture quality. This is my first projector so I am learning as I go here but based on the excitement on this forum with the RS 2000 and the pics that are posted by other owners something is off with my setup. The picture seems to be grainy with a considerable amount of noise and the color seems to be somewhat washed out and this varies from scene to scene sometimes getting better other times getting worse ( 4K Joker BD ). I followed the setup procedures correctly. Auto-tone mapping is on. Which begs the question on the setup of my Panasonic UB 820. It also has this feature. Do I let both units do this or shut it off and let the Projector handle it alone? Also, my UB 820 has settings for Dolby Vision and HDR10+. Do I select them to off for this Projector? I am definitely considering a professional calibration but if someone could help me with the initial settings on my Projector and UB 820 so I can maximize my enjoyment before a professional calibration it would be greatly appreciated.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Try both HDR settings on the Panasonic.

I don't think any PJ has Dolby Vision. So for this, I would let the Panasonic decode/tone map the Dolby Vision.

I have the Sony X700. I didn't have to change any HDR settings on the Sony. It just outputs to my JVC. So my JVC does the HDR tone mapping.

The PQ of both my NX5 (RS1000) and NZ3 look amazingly vibrant, beautiful and smooth.

How do the 2K contents look?

R

Ras777

Audioholic
Thanks Acudef for the reply. After much frustration I looked at my cable setup. Because I had a relatively long run from projector to rack ( 35’ ) I decided to use a hybrid cable from Ruprio with a voltage inserter. When I removed the voltage inserter all my problems went away. Infact I was watching the Super Bowl on a 4K Verizon FiOS channel and was simply blown away by the resolution and vibrant colors. It looks so good now I am not even sure if a professional calibration is even necessary. Happy it was something simple.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks Acudef for the reply. After much frustration I looked at my cable setup. Because I had a relatively long run from projector to rack ( 35’ ) I decided to use a hybrid cable from Ruprio with a voltage inserter. When I removed the voltage inserter all my problems went away. Infact I was watching the Super Bowl on a 4K Verizon FiOS channel and was simply blown away by the resolution and vibrant colors. It looks so good now I am not even sure if a professional calibration is even necessary. Happy it was something simple.
Yeah, I think my NX5 (RS1000) and also NZ3 look so good with just the Natural Color preset, both in ECO Lamp mode.

No way I'm paying anyone to do anything with the settings :D

We cannot overemphasize the Beautiful Vibrant Colors!

My $30 HDMI cable is 50FT. No need for any fancy cables. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis