4Ron

Audiophyte
I currently own a five year old Denon AVR 2100W which I use for streaming spotify as well as watching movies. My problem is I am able to stream about 3 or 4 songs and then I lose the connection and the music will only play on my phone. Is this my receiver or is it the wifi causing the problem? Are newer receivers or another brand better at streaming spotify today as compared to 5 years ago?

Thanks

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
When’s tha last time you restarted your phone? My previous iPhone would do weird stuff periodically when using AirPlay to my airport express. Wasn’t often though but after a restart it was good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Two threads of same content but different titles in different subforums, interesting...not necessary to post twice around here fwiw.

S

SamualSSS

Audiophyte
Better choice for you to stream Spotify on your Denon I think is to get the Spotify Playlist Converter. Then the Spotify songs will be saved with its help. Lossless files you will get. Also, you can play the songs with no Wi-Fi so the playing will not be affected by the network connection.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Better choice for you to stream Spotify on your Denon I think is to get the Spotify Playlist Converter. Then the Spotify songs will be saved with its help. Lossless files you will get. Also, you can play the songs with no Wi-Fi so the playing will not be affected by the network connection.
Except Spotify does not offer lossless files....and aren't using Ogg Vorbis now either for that matter. You could just download Spotify files on your phone or pc for playback, tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just adding a note that I've been misreading the info at Spotify....they do apparently still stream Ogg Vorbis except to the Web Player, which is 128/256 AAC depending on subscription

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Just adding a note that I've been misreading the info at Spotify....they do apparently still stream Ogg Vorbis except to the Web Player, which is 128/256 AAC depending on subscription
I was just looking at my Spotify stream and the incoming signal to receiver is PCM 44.1khz/16 bit. This surprised me. I didn't know Spotify was CD quality.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was just looking at my Spotify stream and the incoming signal to receiver is PCM 44.1khz/16 bit. This surprised me. I didn't know Spotify was CD quality.
I think that just maybe what your dac is outputting? How do you get your stream to receiver? I've seen no evidence of cd quality streams from Spotify even though they talked about beta testing a while back....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Denon AVR 2100W...My problem is I am able to stream about 3 or 4 songs and then I lose the connection...Is this my receiver or is it the wifi?
I think only way to know for sure is to try another AVR.

I've only streamed from my Phone and iPad to my AVR and AVP.

My Internet is the AT&T Gigabit Fiberoptic using the AT&T Modem.

When I had the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, AVR-5308CI, and X3100, I also had similar issues - WiFi streaming would work for a few songs, then it would stop steaming. This happened all the time.

I've never had any streaming issues with my Yamaha CX-A5100 or RX-A3080. It has been 100% reliable.

But nothing is guaranteed. So the only way to know for sure is to try out another AVR (like Yamaha). If you still have the same issues with the new AVR, then it's your Internet, Network, Modem, etc.

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I think that just maybe what your dac is outputting? How do you get your stream to receiver? I've seen no evidence of cd quality streams from Spotify even though they talked about beta testing a while back....
Good questions. I really don't know the answer, but I can tell you, I have the Spotify app on my phone, so the phone is basically the controller. In the Spotify app there is a choice to "Connect to a device" I choose "living room" which is what I named my receiver. Then it just starts playing through my Yamaha. Easy and never a hiccup. As for 3060 saying it is CD quality.....I really don't know. But it says the same when I stream WAV files from my PC (which makes sense).

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good questions. I really don't know the answer, but I can tell you, I have the Spotify app on my phone, so the phone is basically the controller. In the Spotify app there is a choice to "Connect to a device" I choose "living room" which is what I named my receiver. Then it just starts playing through my Yamaha. Easy and never a hiccup. As for 3060 saying it is CD quality.....I really don't know. But it says the same when I stream WAV files from my PC (which makes sense).
I think it's just what your avr outputs for the app's stream from Spotify (via Spotify Connect I assume on your avr) after transcoding....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I currently own a five year old Denon AVR 2100W which I use for streaming spotify as well as watching movies. My problem is I am able to stream about 3 or 4 songs and then I lose the connection and the music will only play on my phone. Is this my receiver or is it the wifi causing the problem? Are newer receivers or another brand better at streaming spotify today as compared to 5 years ago?

Thanks
As to your original question, sorry for the sidetracking, I'd suspect your router or internet service. I generally stream my Spotify thru Audio Chromecasts these days since my Denons are older and not wifi enabled, need to be hard wired for internet. When I did have an extender connected to them they streamed okay, though. When I do have issues am pretty sure it's been router/isp related.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They could just simply "upscale" anything to 44.1kHz/16bit, like how they upscale 2K video to 4K video and call it "4K". :D

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
They could just simply "upscale" anything to 44.1kHz/16bit, like how they upscale 2K video to 4K video and call it "4K". :D
thanks for answering. That makes sense, I felt bad about sidetracking this thread, so I started another one, LOL

T

Tama2112

Audiophyte
My Pioneer lxsc-904 avr tells me the exact same thing; PCM 2.0. 44.1 khz when i stream also..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis