Yuval

Yuval

Audiophyte
Thank you for the thorough article. I don't use any music streaming services at all, because - and I will share this with you - I have assembled a modest set-up consisting of a 1USB to 3USB splitter which I connected to a USB port at the back of my PC ($20) and a cheapo USB cable ($5). Now all I have to do is type in Cortana any concert, album, song, in any genre - the source of the files is youtube. Now, you wouldn't expect a $25 setup to sound good? Surprise Surprise, the SQ matches that of my expensive CD Player. Of course, this costs me nothing...And I would like to comment on two other issues: a hi-res file of 24bit/192Khz sounds worse than a 16bit/44.1Khz (Redbook spec), and the fellow who liked MQA on Tidal probably has a problem with his hearing...MQA is a hoax, developed by Meridian because the company has accrued a debt of 48,0000GBP! While there is a minority of people who claim MQA sounds good, most listeners (and reviewers) agree that it doesn't sound any better than FLAC files or WAV files or plain old CD's.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis