Streaming from a computer vs. from a dedicated device

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I wouldn't, read up on Genes post about "Tidal". There are many better streaming services.
There are just 2 lossless services. Tidal is one of them. Cant see any serious issues with Tidal. Have been using it for the last year or so.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
There are just 2 lossless services. Tidal is one of them. Cant see any serious issues with Tidal. Have been using it for the last year or so.
was speaking for myself really. Personally I wouldn't touch nothing that, Beyonce or Jeezy is attached to. After what I have read up on the Hospital issue. But hey far be it for me to say, what or how anyone goes about with their hobby. Rock on bro, or Roll out I always say.

mistergsf

mistergsf

Junior Audioholic
Haha -- I don't have anything yet. I've just learned in the last couple of weeks what a DAC is.

I signed up for Spotify "free" today with the full intention of moving to the premium service in a short time. I just wanted to see how it works and what Spotify had to offer in terms of classical music, and I have been pleasantly surprised at the depth of the content.

I have in my Crutchfield cart the Yamaha A-S801 for listening to music only, and the Yamaha CD-S300 to revive my 300+ CD collection which I have not heard in. let's say, years. Long story. I'm glad I hung onto my Klipsch Forte speakers from 1986. (They are in pristine shape, so I hope they still work.)

Anyway, I also started learning about so-called streamers and wondered if they brought something unique to the acoustic quality of the music. It seemed to me that given the same source and service, though, digital-digital-digital.

AND TO FINALIZE, I recently read (or heard someone say) that if you can manage it, use the USB cable to connect the computer (WIN10 in my case) to the amp, that bluetooth transmission is yet another compression link to be avoided if possible for better audio. At least, I think that is what I understood.

NOTE: I haven't placed my Crutchfield order yet because I have read a bunch about the Outlaw RR-2160. I know Outlaw has a big following on Audioholics. But in the end, I'm thinking the RR-2160 would be a bit complicated for me, whereas the A-S801 is pretty simple.
I just purchased a Yamaha A-S801 in silver for my 2-channel listening room and couldn't be more impressed. It's a great integrated amp. Here's a review that helped me make my decision:
Audioholics Yamaha A-S801 Integrated Amplifier Review

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Consider an integrated amp that gives you on-board streaming of Spotify, Tidal, Quobuz, Slacker, TuneIn plus many others, including Amazon Music. The NAD C368 just needs an internet connection (Ethernet or Wireless) and your computer can be OFF.

Edit: BTW, it can also easily access any library of your own digital music files that lives on your network.

C368 Factory refurbished
C368 new

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Consider an integrated amp that gives you on-board streaming of Spotify, Tidal, Quobuz, Slacker, TuneIn plus many others, including Amazon Music. The NAD C368 just needs an internet connection (Ethernet or Wireless) and your computer can be OFF.

Edit: BTW, it can also easily access any library of your own digital music files that lives on your network.

C368 Factory refurbished
C368 new
Wouldn't that be more receiver than integrated amp?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis