Streamer + Amplifier for new stereo setup

R

real_shark

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,

I have played with hifi systems for many many years now, but I do not consider myself an audiophile by any means.

In my new house I just bought I will have a multi functional room (like a family room, which will be mainly dedicated to AV, with a 7.1 system for enjoying movies and playing games in family). I have everything I need for this, it won't be perfect but I am not going to touch it now.

I am opening this thread to talk about a very different topic, which is a new setup I will have in the living room, where there will be no TV and everything will be about chill out and relax.

The loudspeaker position will be severely compromised, there is only one location they can go and this is about 2.5m high, either on shelves or (if I am lucky and I can do this) enclosed in two 50x50x50cm boxes that I will open in the wall. I will have to play with tilting the speakers quite a bit to make sure that they point to the "listening area" which is where we will often be joining some friends with drinks and chatting. So, in a nutshell the positioning will be really, really bad. I have to live with it.

For the speakers I have thought about the DALI oberon 3 or Wharfedale evo 4.1, I will be listening to these in a few weeks.

Now for the music source I will use Tidal, files in a NAS... Maybe some other streams (Chromecast?). I would like to have the streamer/amplifier in a cabinet, out of view and fully controlled with the mobile/tablet. I do not care much of looks or manual controls.

After research, I have thought that the Arylic A50 gives me everything I want at a good price, I've found this info in this Forum:

Adding streamer/amp and speakers this gives me a total cost of 480-540 Euros.

Maybe with the extremely compromised positioning of the speakers it does not even make sense to spend this much in speakers... What do you think?

Before this I was thinking about systems like Sonos, Denon Home, etc. But I found that I should be able to get way more value and future proofing by just buying a good pair of speakers and a Streamer/amp.

Anyway, my main question is: Would you know of reasonable alternatives to the Arylic A50 that give me more quality or just anything that the A50 does not give me... But does not cost more than double? (This is Streamer + Amplifier for less than 300€, hopefully 250€).

I would not mind spending a bit more if it really makes a difference.

Thanks!
RS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis