strange hi-frequency

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
after a couple of month into my new system
avr-x1300
Indiana line tesi

Gs6b96fd3f-1e95-4d49-9752-492214c17b2a.jpg

sometimes I notice some strange hi-frequency sound, like the tweeter are popping but it looks more by the av side, like it can't handle a good quality performance, it happens at high volume as low, most when there is lot of speaking, radio talking in movie or live concert. With flac/cd music, like jazz or other with few instrument, no problem.

I'm really happy by all the system, but this small thing make me think a little bit

I remember years ago, in my first and only car stereo build, how much the quality of the radio can change the entire reproducing quality from high to low frequency, Especially the last Alpine 9855r I owned, really really impressive.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My first thought would be physical damage to a driver. Is it coming from all of your speakers? Just one?

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
By "from all at the same movie/music point" do you mean it's repeatable (happens at the same point every time you play the soundtrack)?

If so, it's somewhere in your system itself; such as suggested a fault in a speaker driver, or perhaps the crossover, oscillation in the amp, etc.

If random, it's probably RF interference, most commonly from the cable used. It could also be power-line related; noise generated by other devices tied to the same AC line or it's opposite leg (120V is one half of a 240V leg in North America, so induced noise in the opposite 120V leg can affect the leg your system is connected to).

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
interference instead of popping are more close to my problem, not easy to write what i feel
and yes, just is specific cases, like womes speaking, specially at the phone, the voice sound disturbed, really hard to explain. Even my girl took a while to find that. Maybe I'm too much into the small details...
at lunch I did a test removing the dynamic eq ann it felt really good without a problem...
I will try later and see but I'm pretty sure that the speakers work perfectly;)

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
after days of testing, the problem is the source, cd or bluray, like some tracks of the imagine dragons album and some blurays, so, no problem on the hardware:cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Then it sounds like the recordings have an issue. May want to find the problem spots, write down the exact location and take a couple of those discs to a friend's house and see if it can be reproduced on another system. Or, an audio store that has a setup to listen to.

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
even on my pc with a simple headset and on my car i have the same "problem". I have to try the same track on youtube and see if there is the same problem.
we are watching the Fringe serie right now without any audio problem :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Are these discs you're having an issue with damaged at all? Scratches, nicks, etc?

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
nope, brand new. Later I'm gonna check if the YouTube version have the same issue

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
There is such a thing as defective media. You should be able to exchange them with the exact same titles, although not all resellers are easy to deal with.

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
i have made some test this weekend with REW, after a new audyssey calibration, i have made some REW measurements and, it ends to have a +3/5db on the hi freq around 13/15k hz
reading here and there, i found some, that use a curve line that start from 2000hz going down to -10db to 20.000. it helps on hi freq and looks that my problem, is really less noticeable. can be a small room + big speakers the first problem?

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
the only way i can get a good quality sound is to listen in PURE>DIRECT. i think this 1300 have a poor quality dsp

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
even on my pc with a simple headset and on my car i have the same "problem". I have to try the same track on youtube and see if there is the same problem.
we are watching the Fringe serie right now without any audio problem :)
Right there is an indicator to the source somehow.

dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy

Audioholic Intern
all the source i'm testing are original
yesterday i have tried to let the audyssey work up to 200hz, just to control the low frequencies and work fine! if i use the flat eq the high frequency are too boosted

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis