Stop your smart TV spying

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve disabled those already and the LG OLED is disconnected from internet now that I use Apple TV for streaming.

Some of the settings in the article for my TV are located elsewhere. The Content Recommendations toggle is in the General/AI Recommendation menu. The Advertisement menu is grayed out, likely because I’m living EU. No advertisement had ever been shown from LG on my TV.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Sooner or later, I'll have to replace my 12-year-old Panasonic TC-P55ST30 TV. The new one, whatever brand or make it is, will never be connected to my network.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Sooner or later, I'll have to replace my 12-year-old Panasonic TC-P55ST30 TV. The new one, whatever brand or make it is, will never be connected to my network.
Not even for firmware updates when you install the new TV? :)

There’s downloading and using USB, as you very well know.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Handy little article on ZDNet that explains how to turn off Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) on most major brands. This is insidious stuff that can capture images from your screen at two frames per second and sells that information to marketers for targeted ads. It is usually on by default so you need to access the privacy settings and disable it.

Stop your smart TV's spying: How to turn off ACR on every TV model
Thank you for the reminder and printed out for the TCL instructions

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not even for firmware updates when you install the new TV? :)

There’s downloading and using USB, as you very well know.
Ok, I could always isolate it on the IOC (internet of crap) devices' network, heavily controlled by a firewall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis