Sting & Rush coming to SACD

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I'm a big fan of Sting, notwithstanding the rather lame &quot;Brand New Day&quot;. &nbsp;I just read that the whole Sting back catalog is coming to SACD. &nbsp;That's good news.

Also, a few Rush albums have been announced (no Moving Pictures yet, I'm afraid). &nbsp;I really dig Rush; I'd be pretty tickled if Cronicles and Roll The Bones were out in a new HiRez MC mix.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>I am not surprised about the Sting releases. &nbsp;I have always found his recordings were well done, some of the best sounding pop CD's IMO. &nbsp;I have a few of his DTS discs that also sound quite good.

As for Rush, most of their CD's weren't recorded that well, in fact we have an article about that somewhere &nbsp;

Hopefully the recording engineers will do their music justice if it ever transfers to DVD-A or SACD formats.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I'll agree that &quot;Vapor Trails&quot; doesn't sound very good. &nbsp;But the music is pretty good. &nbsp;Not one of their best, but okay. &nbsp;I know the vintage stuff is probably most peoples favorite, but I think &quot;Roll The Bones&quot; is actually their best album.

Hopefully the reissue on hi res will be done skillfully and with some taste/common sense (ie no lead vocals or guitar solos dead smack behind my head!
). &nbsp;I love well done MC, but unfortunately most people's first brush with the format is gimmicky and totally unrealistic sounding.

BTW, I do really love &quot;Ten Summoners Tales&quot;; it's probably my favorite of Sting's albums. &nbsp;I rarely listen to the CD after getting the DTS disc; that's unusual in my experience, as most of the DTS discs I've heard don't sound all that good.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis