Steven Wilson Hand. Cannot. Erase. Blu-ray Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Steven Wilson released his fourth solo title named “Hand. Cannot. Erase.” this February through Kscope. Hand. Cannot. Erase is a concept album that is worth listening to in its entirety and following along with the images on the Blu-ray. What I find most interesting about the Blu-ray version is that there is an instrumental version of every song. Listening to the music without singing really highlights the musicianship, talent and amazing progressions found in each song. In our opinion, Wilson has done some of his finest singing to date on this album and managed to make an incredibly tasteful 5.1 multi-channel mix in pristine high res 96/24 DTS-HD audio.

Read: Steven Wilson Hand. Cannot. Erase. Blu-ray Review

R

repdetect

Audiophyte
I also bought it and am again disappointed in SW solo efforts and his newest band.

Well recorded but the songs just don't work for me.

I long for more Porcupine Tree.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Huge PT fan. And love his solo stuff just as much. Not sure how anyone that is a fan of Steve's can say they are disappointed in any of his work. This albums is incredible... Just like all his stuff.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got this disc delivered yesterday finally and threw it in. Got distracted with all the different versions of the songs on there, which is a nice bonus lol. Only got to listen to the 5.1 for a bit because it was late, but the mix is quite impressive. Can't wait to listen to it loud. The Ninet solo vocal version of Routine is good and I like the instrumental versions of all of the tracks, except that they're 96/24 stereo "only".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, isn't that all that really matters?

DJ
Yes and no. His 5.1 mixes tend to be quite excellent, but then so are his stereo ones. This album, like the last PT album, seem to have been recorded with multichannel mixes in mind.

At the show he was joking that he was the least talented guy on the stage. Not so sure about that lol.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Show was amazing :D

The only bummer is Govan and Minneman weren't with him.... But I'll be seeing them as The Aristocrats soon:)

Someone complained about the band on the Hand album. Govan and Minneman are monsters! Govan is one of the best guitarists on the planet.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Very late and out of touch...hi John, long time and I missed you. We need to catch up...I'll try to PM you if I can figure out the new site. New address, new life, new health. Still listen to PT...didn't follow SW solo, but that can be discussed elsewhere.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis