Steam Vent question for mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Is this place the for venting only audio related steam or is it free for all as observed by recent thread on immigration, just wondering what all this has to do with audio by any means:confused:

I don't really mind free for all, in fact I relish it, but then there are other forums around to do so and in plenty, don't see the reason to ruin the congenial audio related atmosphere here which looks like its on its way out soon unless certain issues are made strict taboo ASAP.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Clint,

Correct me if I'm wrong.... The steam vent was specifically designed for exactly that type of off-topic discussion.

The rest of the forum is reserved for on-topic discussion.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Yamahaluver,why are you so upset over the political threads in the steam vent when you participate in the discussions your own self,i dont get it?

About once a year we all gather in the steam vent to BS about politics,ive yet to see anybody hold a grudge or let the discussions from the steam vent carry over to the rest of the forum.

I could see somebody being upset if we were hijacking threads or handing out red chicklets over the discussions but neither is the case,i also dont see how political discussions are going to ruin the forum when so far all participants in the threads in question keep their veiws in the steam vent.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I think the theory in these matters is that these types of sub-folders are "fly paper" - Political discussions, etc., will pop up on any discussion board, and tend to send the more topical threads off-track. If there's a place for them, they'll pop up there instead, or people will be told to move it there.

majorloser

majorloser

Please Read the Steam Vent Heading

"Talk just about anything you'd like here. Or, if you've got a beef about a manufacturer, or you just want to vent some audio steam... come on in. This is the only place you won't get in trouble for flame wars - all other places are off limits. Note: Any comments, criticisms or name calling of Audioholics should be done via PM or directed to circularfile@audioholics.com. Suggestions can be made in the 'Site Suggestions and Feedback' forum."

It pretty much sums it up. You can post on just about any topic. There have been MANY heated political discussions here. But if it gets out of hand or we feel becomes offensive, we will delete the thread. And there has been those in the past who have been banned for their comments in the Steam Vent.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
As long as it doesn't get personal and one group is singled out and used as a pinyata, everything is fine by me, also lets not stray into personal attacks as is now happening on the other thread, as it happens, venom will be replied by more venom and suddenly, it would be too poisonous.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
As long as it doesn't get personal and one group is singled out and used as a pinyata, everything is fine by me, also lets not stray into personal attacks as is now happening on the other thread, as it happens, venom will be replied by more venom and suddenly, it would be too poisonous.
Some people are just condescending by nature!! Just know what or whom you're dealing with next time. ;)

Matt34

Matt34

If you find a post offensive use the "report a post" button located in the upper right side of each post. A moderator will be notified and action will be taken if necessary.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
"Let's not stray into personal attacks"?! "As long as it doesn't get personal"?! You have some nerve, my friend. You said the following about someone in that thread...and now you're crying for mommy?! Unbelievable.

From Yamahaluver...."Do I hear the Star Spangled Banner, and in the background see a cross burning, are you personal PA to Metzger by the way? You are a closeted bigot and a hypocrite, you use your frustration to hide behind in this forum and attack minorities in your evil way when you get a chance, post after post, you try and denigrate them with your venom. You have no idea about melting pot as you have never seen or experienced the other side, guess you and your forefathers were too busy lynching or burning the cross, or raping poor black women, now that you can't do that in public anymore, you sit on your PC, balls loaded and take it out on poorer unfortunate souls who can't defend themselves."

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
That was in response to the attack from the poster, perfectly normal response, in my case, I reply a brick with a boulder, but since your POV is the same as the person who attacked me, I do see why you are ranting about it, I am not crying for mommy, thats your job ( if you have one :) ), I just said, its gonna get uglier and worse, so be prepared for it. Meanwhile, why not go shoot some Mexicans instead of posting here, that will be a job which will bring more relish to your kind, first it used to be the blacks, now Mexicans have replaced them as your lynch toy. Calling pregnant immigrant women cows is not my cup of tea, how bout the pregnant European immigrant women who came down to statue of liberty during the 30s influx, were they cows as well in your book, don't think so. I am not a Mexican, but not in cold hell would I stand for a group being singled out and made into a scapegoat when the fault lies collectively in the system and general public itself.

MMMMMMMMMM, can taste the blood already, my fun has just begun.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
That was in response to the attack from the poster, perfectly normal response, in my case, I reply a brick with a boulder, but since your POV is the same as the person who attacked me, I do see why you are ranting about it, I am not crying for mommy, thats your job ( if you have one :) ), I just said, its gonna get uglier and worse, so be prepared for it. Meanwhile, why not go shoot some Mexicans instead of posting here, that will be a job which will bring more relish to your kind, first it used to be the blacks, now Mexicans have replaced them as your lynch toy. Calling pregnant immigrant women cows is not my cup of tea, how bout the pregnant European immigrant women who came down to statue of liberty during the 30s influx, were they cows as well in your book, don't think so. I am not a Mexican, but not in cold hell would I stand for a group being singled out and made into a scapegoat when the fault lies collectively in the system and general public itself.

MMMMMMMMMM, can taste the blood already, my fun has just begun.
You're making a complete donkey's butt out of yourself.

And I'll be sure to tell my 100% Mexican mother-in-law you said hello.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
We will let the mods decide on the butt part, meanwhile, lets go lynching some illegals.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General