Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Curious. How do y'all feel about civility and decorum, ("behavior in keeping with good taste and propriety"), by members of Congress during the SOTU address? I know the libs will say that Trump is so egregious that disrespect is warranted. But do you really believe that? Is that really the direction you want our legislatures to go? Is that the behavior you teach your kids and grand kids? Is what you believe to be lack of manners by someone you don't like, justification for your own bad manners? Again, is this how you taught your kids? Wondering.

I know we all do it in an online forum. It's anonymous and not displayed as your personal behaviour to the public. The anonymity allows us to let our hair down and act/react without the consequence of actual reprisal. I'd be willing to bet there are posts here that YOU would not want your family, neighbors, colleagues, church members, etc. to see. But is it the way you want our lawmakers to act in session? Can we all agree Pelosi's behavior was inappropriate? And if you support her behavior, I'd love to hear your rationale.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Yet another herbu dumpster fire in the making.

How can you reference Trump and the word decorum in the same sentence? As for Congress and decorum, you obviously haven't spent much time watching committee hearings on CSPAN.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Dems ream trump in any scenario regarding tantrums, and bat an eye within their own party. Turn the tables and trump would be in another impeachment hearing.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The behavior of all of our elected leaders has taken a seriously poor turn.

Didn't Pelosi also offer her hand at the beginning of the event (a polite and civil gesture which Drumpf turned away from)?
What about the the Republican who threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony? Or the one who stood and yelled at Obama about being a liar? Or the one who stood and said that the number one priority was to make Obama a one-term president (as opposed to doing their job and legislating)? (Oh yes, and as I recall, that Republican politician failed miserably at that goal.

No, they all smell bad. Yet we keep rubber stamping this leadership class into office for life it seems.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He didn't lie as much as he usually does, I guess leaving impeachment out helped with that.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"Yet another herbu dumpster fire in the making".

Says the smartest guy in the room.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This a classic example of how Republicans can dish out verbal abuse, lies, & insults, but they cannot take it.

How can you ignore Trump's rude refusal to accept a handshake from the Speaker of the House, and then complain about Pelosi's tearing up a speech pre-print?

Can you remember Congressman Joe Wilson from South Carolina?
In September 2009, Wilson interrupted a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama to a joint session of Congress by shouting "You lie!" The incident resulted in a reprimand by the House of Representatives.​
No Democrat shouted "You lie", despite Trump's well established record.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Any thread is a dumpster fire as long as you say it is. To other people on here the thread is just fine. I don't always agree with the OP (in fact I hardly ever do), but he has a right just like anyone else to express himself without someone hurling ad hominem insults at him.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
All of our “leadership act like they’re on the playground. They should all be slapped in the back of the head. All libs should be put on an island where insanity can run rampant. Then it should be nuked.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Locking this thread. There is no way this discussion is going to end up in a net positive for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis