State of the Popular Music World

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ry Cooder is new? He's been around fer a very long time.

I never get my new music by listening to the popular radio channels. It just won't happen there. If I'm on the hunt for something new, I will listen to internet radio such as Slacker, explore the new genres, listen to the exsiting ones and hunt down the ones I like.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I used to enjoy the History Channel but until they started putting crap on there, well I find I change channels more often, but its all accross TV. What's on TV is basically what's happening in today's culture in general and that is complacency all across the large entertainment industry all in of sake profits where they forget about quality, which is demonstrated by what's on TV, news 24x7 and local channels pushing news at all hours of the days...
I cannot even begin to agree with this. I watch quite a bit of TV [far more than I should] spanning multiple decades of content and good shows today are far far better than the good shows of yesteryear. Sure there's about 4000 times the content currently and almost all of it is crap, but the care and quality put into some of television today is just outstanding.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I cannot even begin to agree with this. I watch quite a bit of TV [far more than I should] spanning multiple decades of content and good shows today are far far better than the good shows of yesteryear. Sure there's about 4000 times the content currently and almost all of it is crap, but the care and quality put into some of television today is just outstanding.
I think it's hard to hit gold, but there are certainly great shows being made Today. I love me some Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice, Dr. Who and other shows I wouldn't have seen 20 years ago. When on demand internet shows start to take off it could get really awesome.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis