Starship Size Comparison Chart

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hello Mr. B,

You're correct sir. Is it not the size of a small moon??

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
My guess is that since it is the size of a small moon, even the smallest fraction of it's arc, would still look like a grey flat bar stretching across the entire width of the chart.

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
stratman said:
Hello Mr. B...
(nods his head :D) Mr. S.

mpompey said:
My guess is that since it is the size of a small moon, even the smallest fraction of it's arc, would still look like a grey flat bar stretching across the entire width of the chart.
Right is right. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Well they've could have scaled down drawing, put a side note, but still include it.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

The deathstar wouldn't even be a skin-cell on the pimple on a frog's *** compared to a Dyson Sphere

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Wasn't the Dyson Sphere an artificial planet? Not really meant for navigation.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It says the link is forbidden. If its a Jpeg just post it in the thread.

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Buckle-meister said:
Not sure that you can really call it a planet since it doesn't itself orbit anything. :eek:
That is true and supposedly it had a center sun, located within the sphere, so what would it be called, perhaps a mini-system, a singularity??? After all this is science FICTION;)

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
The deathstar wouldn't even be a skin-cell on the pimple on a frog's *** compared to a Dyson Sphere
Did that guy who makes those sweet vacuums come up with this??!! :eek:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
sure took a lot of effort to do this. but nice to see!

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Can't see the linked picture. Says access is forbidden.

The whole point of building a Dyson Sphere is to collect all the radiant energy of the sun contained at its center. I guess the Dyson Sphere can be as big as an entire solar system, enclosing the sun and all its planets, or the Dyson Sphere can just enclose the sun and a single planet.

And no, Dyson Spheres don't have anything to do with singularities. If my memory of high school physics is still intact, singularities have to do with black holes, not something you want to live right next to...;)

Well, as far as our current understanding of physics stands, you can't travel faster than the speed of light. And if you do somehow manage to approach the speed of time, the time dilation effect of relativity would mean that those whom the space travelers have left behind will be LONG dead before the space travelers will have reached their destination. So the more practical thing to do would be to build huge generational interstellar ships, that is, those ships would literally contain mini-civilizations. Or you can build smaller ships and put all the crew into stasis...

Anyways, our solar system is moving, the Milky Way galaxy is moving, in fact everything around us is moving further and further apart, at incredible speeds. It's really not such a stretch to think that we are probably residing in/on a form of planetary "spaceship" right now...

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

furrycute said:
...... in fact everything around us is moving further and further apart, at incredible speeds. It's really not such a stretch to think that we are probably residing in/on a form of planetary "spaceship" right now...
*burbleburbleburble*whoa, thats like deep and stuff.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
alandamp said:
Did that guy who makes those sweet vacuums come up with this??!! :eek:[/QUOTE

You know I think you're right, Dyson vacs (I must admit those are coool) with the sphere instead of rollers! That damned guy is a friggin' genius, who would've thought that a vac engineer could actually be the originator of an artificial planet??

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I was able to download it fine, have you guys tried "save target as"

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
How about the space ship from SPACEBALLS? You know the one that turns into the Statue of Liberty, hey, she also had a vac (its that damned Dyson again)to suck the air from a planet's atmosphere.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis