Stands for Paradigm Studio 20's?

H

HPower

Audiophyte
Hi,
I just found a great deal on a new in the box pair of VersionII Studio 20's that will be used for the fronts in my new HT.
What would you guys recommend for a proper stand height?
I have noticed that Paradigm has their own line of stands, what other brand are recommended?

Thanks

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
I'd say 26" stands.

There are lots of choice in stands, just find something solid, and looks good to you. The more you pay, the more likely you'll get a heavy duty set. Some are fillable with sand to make them even more solid.

I used to have an inexpensive Sanus brand stand, it was pretty sturdy for the $50 USD I paid, and it looked pretty good too.

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
I think the S26 is about $115 CAD when I last saw one....the S series is pretty sturdy, but I never warmed up to the double round tubes look.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
J

jaretsky

Enthusiast
Consider how high you'll be sitting. Maybe buy a stand that starts at your seating height and goes up higher if you need it to.

plhart

Audioholic
Most speaker designers place the microphone in between the tweeter and midwoofer when taking measurements at one meter. The response that designers intend for you to hear is at that position. Therefore, measure the height from the floor to your ears when in your normal listening position and buy stands whose height when combined with the speaker, place your ear level in between the mid-woofer and tweeter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis