Stand height, help me with the math?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a Fitueyes table top stand to lift my TV up just a bit more to fit my new center, JBL Stage A125C.
It's the TT105002GB and my TV is the TCL 75R635. They are saying at is highest height is 34.3 inches high but the TV is 38 inches vertical. It's got TV's up to 80 inches. Anyway I'm confused. Anyone make sense of these numbers? Or have idea what's going on?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
From your description, not at all. Who is saying what is the highest height of 34.3 inches? What's that got to do with the "vertical" of your tv? What's got tvs up to 80 inches? I'm confused.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You need to measure the distance from the bottom of your TV to the top-most of the VESA screw mounts in the back of the TV.
Then the highest spot of the stand minus that distance will be the space you have below the tv.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Basically, are you trying to center your eyes on the screen? Or?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Basically, are you trying to center your eyes on the screen? Or?
I'm just trying to raise the screen up just a few inches to fit the center underneath instead of on the floor where I have it now. My CG23 for perfectly on the stand I have now, the JBL not so much.
Fitueyes emailed me and said at it's highest it's 34.3 which doesn't sound very high or I'm not understand exactly what they are saying. This stand is for TV's up to 80 inches.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You need to measure the distance from the bottom of your TV to the top-most of the VESA screw mounts in the back of the TV.
Then the highest spot of the stand minus that distance will be the space you have below the tv.
That sounds like a trigonometry. At least to this dummy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm just trying to raise the screen up just a few inches to fit the center underneath instead of on the floor where I have it now. My CG23 for perfectly on the stand I have now, the JBL not so much.
Fitueyes emailed me and said at it's highest it's 34.3 which doesn't sound very high or I'm not understand exactly what they are saying. This stand is for TV's up to 80 inches.

I'm still not getting your references. I'm not where you are so you'll have to back up and explain just how everything is now and what you're changing to and what instructions/guide you're referring to, etc....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That sounds like a trigonometry. At least to this dummy.

It's not trigonometry. It is simple addition and subtraction.

Just measure from either the bottom or top mount holes to the bottom of the TV.

Now if you take the measurement from the lowest mounting hole of the TV, subtract that number from the distance of that lower mounting point on the stand to the base of the stand. That will tell you how much room you have for your center channel speaker.

JosephShepard

JosephShepard

Audiophyte
It's not trigonometry. It is simple addition and subtraction.

Just measure from either the bottom or top mount holes to the bottom of the TV.
The contradictions are the same as in binomial probability https://plainmath.net/secondary/statistics-and-probability/high-school-probability/binomial-probability when you need to find the answer to your question.
Now if you take the measurement from the lowest mounting hole of the TV, subtract that number from the distance of that lower mounting point on the stand to the base of the stand. That will tell you how much room you have for your center channel speaker.
Some people do not know how to do basic calculations) Maybe it worked judging by the fact that the thread did not continue. But the JBL Stage A125C is still a great center which was perfect for me.

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Some people do not know how to do basic calculations) Maybe it worked judging by the fact that the thread did not continue. But the JBL Stage A125C is still a great center which was perfect for me.
Dude - seriously.

Don't necrobump.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis