A

abk911

Audiophyte
Guys,

i am a newbee here...

i am on a limited budget. I use a low end existing home theater system (yes its durabrand a very less known company) but everytime i tried to get a newer one for instance 1000 watt sony dav and other brands etc (in range of $200 - 400) they hardly sound better than my 80 dollar/80 watt system (its surprising but its true - that lil system while many may debate is a useless brand - i must say is equal to most 1000 watts on best buy shelf) - dont have any idea how. PRIMARY INTEREST IS LISTENING TO MUSIC ON TURNTABLE (which gives a slightly lower output than ipods ect even with a phone preamp - which i think is usual obviously without a phone preamp will give zilch)
1) now i am thinking that since i am a low budget man should i invest in 2 sony ssf6000 with an amp or receiver (looking at starting there and slowly moving to 5.1 set up over a period of time. My set up is in my living room in a apartment complex.
2) another option is that i just buy the 2 speakers and install them with my durabrand center sub woofer which has all controls basically acts as a reciever (not sure if that would do any justice as an amp/receiver.) but that set up would allow me to save $$ on buying a new receiver - again only if its a workable option. any ideas and help.
3) also are the above two options likely to result in a better sound than the existing durabrand set up or should i completely give this a pass and wait for a few more years ($$$)

Read more: SSF 6000 HELP!!! - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis